Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.

Go down 
+7
BetterThansparty
CharlotteGuy
Wolverdog
MichiganFootball13
HailToTheVictors!
Michigan_Fan
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  Empty
PostSubject: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Clearly we've got a commitment from Gedeon, and they're holding a spot for Levenberry (according to Trem, and I have to agree).

Michigan_Fan

Michigan_Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:35 pm

If O'Daniel cancelled his visit because the coaches turned him away, then I assume it's because the coaches have their numbers filled. I believe both Gedeon and Levenberry are both silent commits. I don't think these coaches will turn anyone away unless they have their commits. Why risk loosing good players? Levenberry will most likely annouce his commitment at the Spring game.
Back to top Go down
HailToTheVictors!

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:53 pm

O'Daniel tweeted "Full at LB?!" to someone after his initial tweet "Michigan trip cancelled!!"

So yeah, hello Gedeon and hopefully Levenberry. I saw something earlier that said EJ prefers Michigan but his dad likes FSU.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 pm

If O'Daniel is #37 in the nation per rivals and Gedeon is #224, why would we take Gedeon??
Back to top Go down
HailToTheVictors!

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm thinking Gedeon will get a pretty big jump in the rankings during his season.

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm

It has been said elsewhere that Gedeon and Levenberry are more college ready in that they understand their roles as LBs, specifically that they know that sometimes their job is to take on the blocker, plug the hole, and allow someone else to get the tackle.

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 pm

You don't pass on O'Daniel. Regardless of what SILENT commits you have. This is stupid if you ask me, VERY stupid!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:51 pm

He tweeted (paraphrasing): "my mind is blown. Well I guess there's room for a new top school"

And as dog (I think) posted, he retweeted someone who asked him of UM is full at LB....so I'm sure that's what he was told.

CharlotteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Sweet we passed up on a player who EVERY recruiting source thinks is a better prospect than the two "commits" we have at that position already because we would rather take 3 tight ends, 1 who was only offered by 1 MAC school . Sorry but LB is a lot more important position than TE. Hoke and company are starting to get me to shake my head a little.

I would rather take Daniels over Hill, Conley, Dawson, and prob any other recruit we get to fill this class from here on out. (Don't see any of the BIG NAMES coming) So we limit to signing 2 LB but will sign 10-11 OL in last two classes.

Last edited by CharlotteGuy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:56 pm

Hhhuuuuhhhhhh....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:47 am

I'm keeping complete faith until the end. I'll trust in Brady & Co. until something happens I don't like.

I do understand the frustration, a bit of a head scratcher, but I'll keep the faith.

Maybe it's a different issue? Maybe his grades aren't good enough. Maybe Matty simply doesn't think he's the type of LB he wants.

I have no idea.

Go Blue

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 am

I'm thinking your very last observation is closer to the situation.

The kid is an athlete no doubt. But how many times have I posted that he's only 209# and more suited for secondary positions.

I think the other kids he's looking at are what some like to term as "Big Ten Linebackers". We're not going to have a kid out there that's going to be pushed around by many. Look at McCray, Gedeon and Levenberry and look at their size and athleticism. They are all 20 pounds more than O'Daniel.

I'll trust BH.

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:16 pm

O'Daniel has a very high ceiling, but often HS kids don't reach their potential. I am glad that we are back to recruiting LBers instead of using safeties that get too heavy or DEs that don't get heavy enough.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:44 pm

And I think that is somewhat what I was attempting to put into words.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Hoke and Michigan are making a bold statement here.

Basically it says a lot when you tell the #37 overall player that his services will not be needed.

I am kind of bummed though because it would have been nice to establish a pipeline to Good Counsel. Some good kids have been coming out of there. Blake is going to turn out good for us in the next couple of years. We'll see how the head case Diggs turns out but glad we dodged that bullet. I have a feeling D O'D is gonna be decent too.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Admin wrote:
He tweeted (paraphrasing): "my mind is blown. Well I guess there's room for a new top school"

This makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:30 pm

I don't think Hoke is making a statement other than Michigan has filled their allotment for the position. There are only 85 scholarships, so they can't over sign at a position without creating issues somewhere else.

Also, they loaded up at O'Daniel's position in last year's class. While he may be higher ranked, it doesn't do M any good if he isn't the type of LB they need in this year's class. Gideon fits what they need.

The reason they are taking so many O Lineman is that they need more O Lineman. Even after last year's haul they are still short on depth.

They also don't play Nick Saban's game of accepting everyone's commitment then sorting them out at the end. If they play that game then they are not Michigan Men, and nobody can accuse Hoke of not being a Michigan Man.

So, if I'm shaking my head at Hoke and Co. it is out of wonder at how they have managed to put themselves in a position to turn down such talent in such as short period of time, especially at a position which was a glaring hole just 2 years ago. This bodes very well for the future.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Orion_Wolverine wrote:
I don't think Hoke is making a statement other than Michigan has filled their allotment for the position. There are only 85 scholarships, so they can't over sign at a position without creating issues somewhere else.

Also, they loaded up at O'Daniel's position in last year's class. While he may be higher ranked, it doesn't do M any good if he isn't the type of LB they need in this year's class. Gideon fits what they need.

The reason they are taking so many O Lineman is that they need more O Lineman. Even after last year's haul they are still short on depth.

They also don't play Nick Saban's game of accepting everyone's commitment then sorting them out at the end. If they play that game then they are not Michigan Men, and nobody can accuse Hoke of not being a Michigan Man.

So, if I'm shaking my head at Hoke and Co. it is out of wonder at how they have managed to put themselves in a position to turn down such talent in such as short period of time, especially at a position which was a glaring hole just 2 years ago. This bodes very well for the future.

Ditto, I'm not complaining either but it just seems odd is all. All I know is that Coach Hoke has probably forgotten more about Football than I will ever know. After last year, I trust the guy. The ball is in his court (granted it actually is anyway) and unless he does something really bad I'll go with whatever he says.

Go Blue!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.    Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorian O'Daniel...not visiting UM anymore.
Page 1 of 1