Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dorian O'Daniel Update

Go down 
+2
joe
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Dorian O'Daniel Update Empty
PostSubject: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Tremendous interviewed him following the McCray commitment to see if it had any impact on his decision. He claims that it doesn't. Michigan is said to be in the lead for his services. You have to wonder if the O'Daniels, Gedeon's, etc. will lose interest in U of M with the LB corps filling up fast.

http://thisismichiganfootball.blogspot.com/2012/03/dorian-odaniel-update.html?m=1
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 pm

I still hold hope that we can get O'Daniel and he can play safety!!! The kid is only 205# according to Rivals

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 am

If a kid let's a single commit at his position dictate his decision, he's not the player I want. I want a kid who wants to compete with other top-notch players. Anybody who expects a position to be handed to them can go somewhere else.

At the same time, I don't think it helps us at all when you have guys like Trem calling him immediately after a commit and asking "Does this affect your feelings towards Michigan??????"

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:12 am

In his defense, Tremendous is only doing his job. He's trying to get the scoop but I see your point Admin.

I have O Daniel on my wish list but the caveat is that I wish he would come with a set of shoulders too. The dude has no shoulders.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 am

Good point, sandy.

Tremendous has come out of nowhere and is quickly becoming a big-time source.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 am

Admin wrote:
If a kid let's a single commit at his position dictate his decision

It's not just one. It was 4 from the last recruiting class and I believe we now have 2 more for 2013. We still have offers out for several others as well. Facts are facts and the facts are the LB position is pretty full at this point.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:02 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
If a kid let's a single commit at his position dictate his decision

It's not just one. It was 4 from the last recruiting class and I believe we now have 2 more for 2013. We still have offers out for several others as well. Facts are facts and the facts are the LB position is pretty full at this point.

True.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 pm

I WANT HIM AT SAFETY!!!!!

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Gedeon & Levenberry for me. If O'Daniel wants to play safety, that works too.

IMO Gedeon is the most college ready "football player" out of the LBs, with Levenberry a close 2nd, but the ceilings on Levenberry & McCray are way up there.

From what I've read from different sources, Ged & Lev already understand that sometimes their job is just to take on blockers and plug holes, one of the hardest things to teach young LBs.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

This would work if the kid can play the position. His size is on par just do not know about his coverage skills, speed, etc. Certainly would not mind the LB mentality in a safety. There's nothing better than a safety that hit like a truck roaming in the secondary.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:05 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
THEstjoemfan wrote:

This would work if the kid can play the position. His size is on par just do not know about his coverage skills, speed, etc. Certainly would not mind the LB mentality in a safety. There's nothing better than a safety that hit like a truck roaming in the secondary.

Shazor comes to mind. But, that also contributed to him not being drafted, too slow for safety and too small for LB.

Plus he left a year too early.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:13 pm

But he was great for MICHIGAN.

That's what I care about.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:27 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
But he was great for MICHIGAN.

That's what I care about.

Me too, just making a point, and most of these kids are thinking about the future NFL.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:41 pm

I know.

I guess my question is if the kid adds 25-30 lbs to play LB will it hurt his speed and such?

He's only 205#. I know he'll get bigger in college but the question in my mind is Do we want him to? and How much?

PostSubject: Re: Dorian O'Daniel Update   Dorian O'Daniel Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorian O'Daniel Update
Page 1 of 1