Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pretty sure they were going to lose this game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

pretty sure they were going to lose this game Empty
PostSubject: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 2:42 pm

wisconsin been playing, and has been getting better, the game was in Wisconsin, and Michigan not playing in almost 20 days. was stupid to take that much time off, but Michigan is in the heart of the schedule and no cupcakes coming down the stretch, I am sure nobody in the conference is feeling sorry for the Michigan squad but this stoppage sure fucked up a great season for them
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 2:57 pm

22 days, actually. Shooting is off, doing okay on fouling and TOs are tolerable. Have to expect they’d be a little off.
Second half is better, I hope.
Off to get my 2nd vaccination!

the artist formally known and BetterThansparty like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Woody Got my Superbowl Sunday. You called it as bad as it looked the 1st half that how good they were the 2nd half Great defense it was almost like they said we know being rusty hurts our shooting but defense is still there. So they relied on that defense and kept nibbling away at the lead until finally they took the lead.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 6:05 pm

They are very well-coached. Clearly a home run hire!

sandyeggo_blue and wshoes like this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 9:34 pm

we see it every year from just about every team in college basketball. There is always one moment or game that sets the tone for who the team really is and I think this was that game for Michigan this year.

This was a statement game more so than the blowouts they had last month.

You can pretty much bet that a lot of teams are going to be trying their best to avoid this team moving forward.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 8:12 am

Most heartening for me---other than, of course, the victory, despite umpteen reasons MOST teams in our position would have played poorly and lost big (listening, Sparty?)---was that 3/4-court press defense.  Reduced the shot clock by 4-5 seconds, forced hurried dribbles across the time line, and generally brought out the worst in Wisky's ballhandlers. And as our men regain their FULL basketball conditioning, it could well be a killer weapon come NCAA time.

SERIOUS QUESTION: has anyone heard/read anything regarding which---if any---of our Covid19-kiboshed games will be rescheduled?  I simply cannot believe we'll be forced to play them ALL---given the physical strain that would put on our players---but maybe 2 or 3 of them. This Wednesday would be as good a spot as any for the first one, given we have all week till our next one (Sat. vs. Rutgers).
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 8:21 am

MY BAD--- the five-day layoff is NEXT week (Feb.21-27).  We do play this week---Thu. vs. Rutgers. Then after next Sunday's game in Shitville, we're off till the following Sat. (2/27) vs. Indi.  Could stick a make-up game Wed. or Thurs., 2/24 or 2/25.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 am

Mike, I agree that next week is logical to fit one in- haven't looked at the teams we missed to see who it might fit for. We lost 5 games including the 4 we postponed and the 1 that PSU did. I think the priority ought to be on playing everyone at least once. I think we should make up Illinois for sure, even though that might be the toughest. I assume they might want to balance home/ road games too. Think 18 games should be the most we play even that would jam things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 11:04 am

wshoes wrote:
Think 18 games should be the most we play even that would jam things up a bit.

Your arithmetic's unclear there, Shooz, as we'll end up playing nineteen(19) even if we make up NONE of the 5 covid-canceled games (assuming NO MORE are canceled). Or perhaps you meant <= 18 CONFERENCE games?

Agree with you that Illinois is the most logical game to make up, since we haven't played them and they'll be the only conference team we WON'T HAVE played (in the reg. season), unless it is rescheduled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 11:41 am

I believe IU and Illini will get made up and they may have a Back to Back wit Sparty ! play like a 3/7 the Tues before the Tourney starts Think the PSU and Neb games are a wash being niether is important to anyone. I would say that about Sparty too, but I am sure MSU will want to play just for the shit.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 12:28 pm

Did anybody hear Livers giving props to Coach B for instilling the techniques he used to stay sharp during the hiatus?

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game EmptyMon Feb 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Mike- I did mean 18 conference games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pretty sure they were going to lose this game   pretty sure they were going to lose this game Empty

Back to top Go down

pretty sure they were going to lose this game
Page 1 of 1