Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Day - Rutgers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 am

Not much to see here. I hate to get ahead of my skis but all around this looks like a tune up for Sunday.

On paper UM leads just about every statistical category other than takeaways so that will be something to watch because Rutgers is actually one of the better teams in the B1G in that stat.

Early lines:

UM -9
O\U 136.5

I'd take Michigan -9 and bet the over.

SU Mich is 9-0 vs Rutgers in the last 10 games
ATS Mich is 7-2 vs Rutgers in the last 10 games

Keys to the game:

1) Keep the TOs down
2) Contain either (or both) Ron Harper Jr or Jacob Young
3) Stay healthy
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Rutgers plays good D blocks shots and gets lots of steals, I expect a close game.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 9:16 pm

wshoes wrote:
Rutgers plays good D blocks shots and gets lots of steals, I expect a close game.

They play good D but Michigan plays better. They block shots but Michigan leads the B1G in blocks per game. I expect a close game until UM wears them down with depth. Michigan will cover the points (-9) and probably win by 15 but this game stays close through the first half.

I hope to see PSU give that team down south a tough game tonight.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 7:12 am

wasn't overly thrilled about how they closed out the second half, and I'm sure some the people who took michigan -9 weren't either but it was was pretty much what I wanted to see.

The scoring drought doesn't seem to concern me given the way they play defense but you still never want to see them go cold like that.

Overall it was a good game and a win is a win. On to Sunday.

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am

Tough beat on the spread, I was pulling for you. Rutgers has a penchant for making games look a bit ugly. They give your offense no chance to relax. Franz had a very good and efficient game.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 12:50 pm

I guess it was a better game than Sandy thought it was going to be , you can't give Rutgers the 10 to 12 footers they are deadly at that range , wagner again a tough matchup for anyone. Michigan and rutgers in a good defensive struggle. Close game and then Michigan offensive woes late in halves rared it ugly head. Hope thats just because they are getting back into it. hate to see that . Anyway another nice win for Michigan
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 10:03 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I guess it was a better game than Sandy thought it was going to be , you can't give Rutgers the 10 to 12 footers they are deadly at that range , wagner again a tough matchup for anyone. Michigan and rutgers in a good defensive struggle. Close game and then Michigan offensive woes late in halves rared it ugly head. Hope thats just because they are getting back into it. hate to see that . Anyway another nice win for Michigan

Rutgers scored 9 pts in the final minute and a 3 in the closing seconds to cover the spread. Make no mistake, Michigan dominated them once they started executing their plays.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 am

yes the game was a perfect example of why betting basketball is hard on one's emotions. Meaningless late baskets are often decisive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Day - Rutgers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Rutgers   Game Day - Rutgers Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Day - Rutgers
Page 1 of 1