Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BIG 10 Awards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 2:39 pm

Howard coach of the year. Good choice. Dickerson Freshman of the year. Big 10 first team. Livers 2nd team all big 10. wagner big team 2nd team Coacheds 3rd team media. How can wagner think he can be a pro when he takes bIG games off, and is only 3rd team all big team. I think both Livers and wagner will be guys on NBA roster but in my opinion I believe they will be spot guys.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 3:31 pm

I've yet to see Franz "take a game off." I think he has a chance in the NBA. His size is great and he has improved his defense dramatically this season. My concern is that he begins launching his 3 point shot really low and it's more of a set shot than a jump shot. Compare him to either his brother or Duncan Robinson for the height at which his shot is launched. Think he will have a hard time getting that shot in the NBA. I had the same concern with Cassius Winston (though he is a lot shorter). Is Winston on an NBA roster?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Livers also has a chance but I'm just not sure if he has enough lateral quickness. Dickinson could benefit from another year for sure, but he is the best pro prospect IMO.
Back to top Go down
michmike

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:18 am

Even to the HATERS among the *-of-the-year voters, choosing coach Howard as COTY was a no-brainer. Well-deserved. We're fortunate to have such an individual as our head hoops coach, and representing our university and its athletic department OFF the court as well.
Back to top Go down
michmike

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 8:21 am

Postscript to the above:  How can it come as ANY SURPRISE to anyone with a modicum of college basketball acumen that JH (the TALL one) pulled in the No.1 class for next year?  How does his NBA (and college playing) pedigree compare to that of ANY---yes, ANY---other college coach?   (In reference, of course, to any 18-year-old superstar's top dream...)

dwoody likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 9:22 am

the artist formally known wrote:
Howard coach of the year. Good choice. Dickerson Freshman of the year. Big 10 first team. Livers 2nd team all big 10.  wagner big team 2nd team Coacheds 3rd team media. How can wagner think he can be a pro when he takes bIG games off, and is only 3rd team all big team.  I think both Livers and wagner will be guys on NBA roster but in my opinion I believe they will be spot guys.

Franz is a sure fire NBA player not based on what he's doing right now. It's based on what he WILL DO. He is very young for a soph. Maybe even younger than Hunter who is, at 20, a very old freshman.

That's what the NBA looks for. Younger guys with huge upside. Not guys who have already reached their prime. (cassius winston)

IMHO Hunter absolutely needs another year. He hasn't shown he can shoot from more than 5 feet. He takes that 12 foot shot from the elbow and misses it every time. He's fabulous inside but look at the NBA game. They don't play that way. Plus I'm greedy:)

EDIT*** I checked. Franz is 10 months YOUNGER than Hunter but a grade ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 pm

OT: typically dirty Moo-U v Maryland. 5 fouls in less than eight minutes.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 10:46 am

dwoody wrote:
OT: typically dirty Moo-U v Maryland. 5 fouls in less than eight minutes.

That's how they always play, they go by the adage, if we foul every time they can't call every foul. I'm glad not to play them again, not that Maryland won't be formidable, but I wasn't looking forward to watching MSU beat on us for 40 minutes to compensate for their lack of skill.

dwoody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BIG 10 Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG 10 Awards   BIG 10 Awards Empty

Back to top Go down

BIG 10 Awards
Page 1 of 1