Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did I miss something?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Did I miss something? Empty
PostSubject: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:16 pm

Did guy w/nothing better to do get banned?

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:34 am

I think so. He’s been a special asshole lately, threatening to rub it in on people if Georgia won, and many prior incidents of antoganization against board members. I think.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 1:29 am

in all fairness he's always been a special asshole, picking fights.

picking fights and being an asshole shouldn't be a crime so getting banned seems to be a petty move. Especially since there is a block function.

I'm not advocating for the guy I'm just saying that if you're going to ban him then ban him for not posting anything Michigan sports relevant, like political posts and not because you don't like him. Personally I think he posts a ton of Michigan relevant content (even if I don't agree with half of it  Very Happy  )

and before you say it, I know that he did make political posts but others did as well. You shouldn't ban one and not ban them all IMO.

I'm sure admin looked into it and saw that it was necessary to ban him and I don't have an issue with that but I am also a moderator on this board and  I've only ever thought that  it was necessary to remove one single non Michigan sports related post (about Rittenhouse) and 2nd coming didn't even post on it. I didn't think it was necessary to ban the person who made the post. Instead I thought that  the right thing to do was to just remove the entire thread and when I did nobody complained.

This is not MLive and AZ so I personally would like to see him back.

JMO

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:01 am

How do you know he’s banned ? Was there an announcement?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:07 am

Bo, Sandy, I recall some reference to it. I wasn't calling for it, but won't miss him either (neither would I be upset if he came back). I do think he may well have driven some posters away over the last few years. It would be nice to grow the community, but with football over and basketball down, that might be tough.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:08 am

Fish is one guy in particular that I miss. And Mike, though he was here a little bit in 2021.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:24 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
How do you know he’s banned ? Was there an announcement?

I can see that he is banned and I don't think it's a moderator function. I think you can probably see it as well.

if you click on the memberlist link at the top and then click on his username you will see "This member is banned until Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:54 am
For the reason : being caustic towards others"

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 1:09 pm

See threads “So are we down to…” and “Should we be worried?”.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 3:16 pm

I can’t see anything but no biggie , was just wondering… as shoes says doesn’t matter either way lol… I just ignore his or others for that matter when they make idiotic posts , or just down vote them !!!
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:43 pm

I wonder if he will come back, and if he will learn anything from his suspension.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 10:52 am

In the meantime, hopefully he will find something better to do. Like apply for a job or register for community college. Something more productive than posing as an alum and trolling all day on the internet.

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 4:21 pm

I think he actually has a MSW degree, fwiw. At least, he’s said that. Who knows for sure?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did I miss something?   Did I miss something? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did I miss something?
Page 1 of 1