Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The saga ends, again. Maybe.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

The saga ends, again. Maybe. Empty
PostSubject: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. EmptyMon Jan 16, 2023 6:58 pm

According to a quote reported by mlive (caveat), President Santa Ono says that Harbaugh told him he is going to remain head coach at Michigan.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. EmptyMon Jan 16, 2023 7:41 pm

He's back and I'm thrilled.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. EmptyMon Jan 16, 2023 9:56 pm

Fantastic news … think even Bo would have loved Ono as a president

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. EmptyMon Jan 16, 2023 10:41 pm

I’m very happy, but find this whole routine tiresome. With Bo, it happened once.

Last edited by dwoody on Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 11:33 am

It's a lot less tiresome than getting our a-- kicked by OSU every year.

BOLEACH7 and dwoody like this post

Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 4:16 pm

It’s great to see he will be back next year but what about future years. Obviously he still has NFL in the back of his mind. Recently I read about a hefty new contract to replace the existing one he signed a year or two ago which still has some years to go. The new one would make him one of the highest paid coaches in the country but also have a huge buyout if he decided to bolt. Anyway, I hope he stats a long time.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 5:51 pm

I agree, but there are often trade-offs in life (and fandom), and on the whole it is better if you have a highly successful coach who is desired by others. Also, some think this wasn't just about him but also hiking the salary pool for assistant coaches and a commitment to a strong NIL program.

I have ambivalent feelings about the pay for play that NCAA football has become, but I'm a realist about where the game is at right now. If it gets too much for me I can switch to following D3 football.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The saga ends, again. Maybe.   The saga ends, again. Maybe. Empty

Back to top Go down

The saga ends, again. Maybe.
Page 1 of 1