Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harbaugh or Moore?

Go down 
+2
BOLEACH7
stjotoo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stjotoo

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 9:03 am

The Harbaugh situation is frustrating to Michigan fans inasmuch he won’t verbalize his thoughts about future coaching.  But even more frustrating is Warde Manuel not offering the proverbial “offer he can’t refuse”.  Michigan with the largest stadium and outstanding facilities can afford to pay the best, but from what I’ve read it is not Harbaugh’s primary concern. Manual needs to assure him that they won’t fire him if the NCAA comes down hard on him. Also he would assistants paid well as many of the other giants in football. With Harbaugh’s pro interests and interviews, I can’t be very optimistic about him staying but sure hope I’m wrong.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 9:19 am

Sam Webb and Brian Cook said it best … this will always be a yearly thing with Harbaugh!!! … if we want him to stay and I think 99.9 percent of us do , then we have to put up with this yearly soap opera… my bigger concern is the hits recruiting and now the portal take while the uncertainty continues!!!
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 1:49 pm

It seems recruiting is probably suffering, as BOLEACH suggested. Perhaps the 5 star qb from Detroit who chose LSU over Michigan was influenced thinking Harbaugh wouldn’t be there.
Another factor is the LSI money some schools throw at kids. Nick Sabin hinted it may be a factor in his retirement. Apparently it is very common in the southern teams.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 4:08 pm

I think it is very telling the clause that Jim wants that a 3 person arbitration panel would decide his culpability/ and University punishment for any future (I will say "bogus") claims from the NCAA, and not Warde Manuel. That tells me there is no trust and that their relationship is broken.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:06 pm

Just saw that the Chargers have made a huge multimillion offer which exceeds anything Michigan has offered. Looks bad. No specific numbers were mentioned.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 12:39 pm

Think personally tat this time Jim is a goner, what really frost mt butt is the NIL money that is being thrown around by O$U! its become such an injustication that its terrible and makes college sports miserable to watch, No games are even close one school has 10 million in paid players another school has 5 millions in paid players, there needs to be some reasonable way to even things out, such as a salary cap for schools or something, its getting way out of hand.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 8:31 am

the artist formally known wrote:
Think personally tat this time Jim is a goner, what really frost mt butt is the NIL money that is being thrown around by O$U! its become such an injustication that its terrible and makes college sports miserable to watch, No games are even close one school has 10 million in paid players another school has 5 millions in paid players, there needs to be some reasonable way to even things out, such as a salary cap for schools or something, its getting way out of hand.

But history tells us the most expensive teams don't always win the title. They still need kids that WANT to block and tackle. Face it, we're not outrecruiting ohio. But a lot of the time those 5*s are prima donnas that don't want to get their hands dirty. And we know that they can have all the skill players they want. They just don't have the heart.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 1:01 am

stjotoo wrote:
Just saw that the Chargers have made a huge multimillion offer which exceeds anything Michigan has offered. Looks bad. No specific numbers were mentioned.

I personally think Harbaugh is gone but where did you hear this? He hasn't even had his 2nd interview yet, that's scheduled for some time this week. I have some serious doubts about the "offer". I guess Atlanta is in play as well although the Chargers are the ones we need to worry about. The good news is that Harbaughs family wants to stay in A2, not sure how much of a factor that is tbh.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 7:36 am

The almost yearly saga with Harbaugh’s future now settled. Moore will be the new head coach in all likelihood. But the biggest concerns are about the excellent assistants Harbaugh assembled. Almost certainly he will take his son but most importantly will he pilfer the defensive coordinater and a couple of other fine position coaches. Michigan is far in his rear view mirror.

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harbaugh or Moore? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harbaugh or Moore?   Harbaugh or Moore? Empty

Back to top Go down

Harbaugh or Moore?
Page 1 of 1