Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dartmouth players vote to join a union.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Dartmouth players vote to join a union. Empty
PostSubject: Dartmouth players vote to join a union.   Dartmouth players vote to join a union. EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 11:24 am

Next step is for the Ivy league school is to drop athletics. You get the feeling that hockey and Lacrosse are the only ones they care about anyway.

If all players unionize I'll stop watching and caring.

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: Dartmouth players vote to join a union.   Dartmouth players vote to join a union. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:15 pm

Joe, lots of consequences might ensue.

Loss of interest by the Univeristy, by potential coaches too. Might end up with player coaches.

And lets face it a 2-4 year tenure does not make for a stable and engaged union.

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Dartmouth players vote to join a union.   Dartmouth players vote to join a union. EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 8:26 pm

NCHawk wrote:
Joe, lots of consequences might ensue.

Loss of interest by the Univeristy, by potential coaches too. Might end up with player coaches.

And lets face it a 2-4 year tenure does not make for a stable and engaged union.

Agree, I don't see how that really works.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Dartmouth players vote to join a union.   Dartmouth players vote to join a union. EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 am

They'd be paid employees subject to discipline and firing. They would get 1040s to fill out. Or be sub-contractors and then they'll get 1099s.

Mid level schools would not survive.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Dartmouth players vote to join a union.   Dartmouth players vote to join a union. EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 8:45 pm

joe wrote:
...You get the feeling that hockey and Lacrosse are the only ones they care about anyway...

They have some damn good wrestlers too

PostSubject: Re: Dartmouth players vote to join a union.   Dartmouth players vote to join a union. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dartmouth players vote to join a union.
Page 1 of 1