Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting Urban Meyer article.

Go down 
+2
Wolverdog
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Interesting Urban Meyer article. Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 am

The guy is a scumbag and always will be, but OSU fans love him.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-04-09/urban-meyer-florida-ohio-state-ncaa-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc#ixzz1rbLYWzLy
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:22 am

They do now, but when he was using those tactics against O$U and the B1G they hated his guts.

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 am

How can you expect them to hate their God of a coach, Rememmber we Tolerated RR for 3 years before we realized what a waste he was. Some people walk by the wagon a long time for sure , but alot of peole were on the band wagon. confused

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
The guy is a scumbag and always will be, but OSU fans love him.

Ahem---Fish, old crony, since when did that first clause preclude a coach's having OSU fans' love,
so long as he wins (and beats Michigan)?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 am

I hope he is Ohio's RR.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 am

What does RR have anything to do with this. Oh, a few extra hours of practice? Oh, the full support of Lloyd? Etc...Etc. Can we move on beyond RR?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 am

Good point, exMich. And even RichRod is being unfairly insulted by any comparisons drawn between him and the slimebucket now at Columbus.

I've posted many a time that few, if any, human characteristics infuriate me more than hypocrisy. And as that article points out, here was the ESPN guest commentator decrying the evils of college football, ONE YEAR removed from leaving behind the deepest pool of sludge (Fla.) college football has seen in years, surpassing even the TressMess.
Back to top Go down
Orion_Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:57 am

Wow, Urban Liar makes Tressel look like a choir boy.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 am

exmichresident wrote:
What does RR have anything to do with this. Oh, a few extra hours of practice? Oh, the full support of Lloyd? Etc...Etc. Can we move on beyond RR?

Not what I meant. I meant a guy with a lot of success prior to arriving, come in with a lot of fan fare, changing from pro style to spread, and then losing. I don't care about the practice and the Lloyd stuff. He didn't win, and I hope Urban doesn't win at Ohio.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:36 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
exmichresident wrote:

Not what I meant. I meant a guy with a lot of success prior to arriving, come in with a lot of fan fare, changing from pro style to spread, and then losing. I don't care about the practice and the Lloyd stuff. He didn't win, and I hope Urban doesn't win at Ohio.

I agree fish, and the fact that we're getting some big tough Ohio kids while he's recruiting Florida is another parallel.

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:23 am

Orion_Wolverine wrote:
Wow, Urban Liar makes Tressel look like a choir boy.

Now THERE is a feat which takes some doing...
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:36 am

Read the book, with an open mind...if that's possible.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 am

exmichresident wrote:
Read the book, with an open mind...if that's possible.

I read the book, and I don't give a flying rats ass about extra practice and Lloyd support. I don't care that his feelings were hurt. None of that matters if he wins. End of story. He didn't win.

The entire book read like one big excuse for why nothing was ever RR's fault. It made me want to puke.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:28 pm

fish, you seem ok until RR's name is brought up. Just answer me one question...why would Bacon (who wrote Bo's book) make excuses? Do you also discredit his writings about Bo? Could it be that there is an ounce of validity to the book?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:35 pm

I never said the book wasn't true, but I also don't care about it. Bottom line is, he was fired for not winning. If he wins, the book would be worse for Lloyd, but he didn't win so most don't care that Lloyd didn't fully support him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Urban Meyer article.   Interesting Urban Meyer article. Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting Urban Meyer article.
Page 1 of 1