Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) Empty
PostSubject: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:11 am

For the record, colleague and close friend WH posted the following cut-and-pasted:

Get ready for that slap on the wrist. Michael Floyd got caught drunk driving twice and never missed a game. An unnamed ND player raped a student who later committed suicide (on the day Denard & Company beat them in South Bend), as far as we know, that player is still on the team. Now this stuff with Rees? I'm sure Brian Kelly will say he will be disciplined and then the day before the season starts, he'll say that Rees has learned his lesson. Game on!

Whilst WH cites very tenable arguments for TR escaping with a slap on the wrist, I'm of the growing conviction
Rees' time at ND (or for that matter, on the streets) could be in jeapordy. Serious as DWI is, I simply cannot think it will be viewed as any more heinous (in a court of law) than physically assaulting a police officer
(and bloodying him). At least by comparison to DWI incidents in which no one is injured [note: only an illustration, certainly in no way condoning said crime]. And repulsive a crime as forcible rape always is,
particularly when it so devastates the victim emotionally as to (possibly) drive her to suicide, it, too, might not "exceed" the crime of assailing a police officer in jurors' eyes (I probably only say that because, the crime of rape is as under-reported as it is heinous, bringing on the "slap-on-the-wrist" nature thereof).

Add this: at least IMO, the ND brass and alumni body alike are reaching their tolerance limit for BK.
Yeah, losing up the wazzoo will do that for a coach, but I'm thinking more along the lines of his ugly tirades at players after miscues, and readily-[lip]readable F-bombs on camera.

Yes, I'm thinking they're all reeling in that long leash. Either Rees finds a "dream-team" attorney, or BK had better mete out appropriate punishment, up to and including booting from the program, if TR's not exonerated.

I welcome anyone's thoughts/comments/praise/condemnation...
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:13 am

Is this Rees first offense of any kind?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:47 am

I don't think Rees has any prior record.

As it turns out, he was not charged with a felony. Instead, he was charged with 4 misdemeanors.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-notre-dame-qb-rees-jailed-in-police-confrontation-20120503,0,299209.story

Striking a police officer in any way is pretty serious. I just expect Kelly to let him off easy, because he's Brian Kelly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:22 am

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Instead, he was charged with 4 misdemeanors.
Striking a police officer in any way is pretty serious. I just expect Kelly to let him off easy, because he's Brian Kelly.

Particularly if the assault is sufficiently violent as to lacerate an arm.

But as to BK's letting TR off easy, WH, your hypothesis is certainly as good as mine.

It will make for an interesting, if repugnant, off-season/off-the-field story to follow.

But to change subjects, while not changing protagonists (antagonists?), I am convinced BK's
leash is short and will be jerked---hard---if he repeats the last two seasons' on-the-field results.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Still saying, Rees is done at rudy. In all of their golden-domed minds it's Gunner-time. That's the 4th game this year and the first under the lights for rudy (of the season I believe). Playing a big name like Michigan will be stressful enough for the little Gunner'boy, add in under the lights and he'll crumble.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:40 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Still saying, Rees is done at rudy. In all of their golden-domed minds it's Gunner-time. That's the 4th game this year and the first under the lights for rudy (of the season I believe). Playing a big name like Michigan will be stressful enough for the little Gunner'boy, add in under the lights and he'll crumble.

Is it really the 4th game this year? I don't think the ND game has ever been that late.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes it is, kinda startled me too. But we open with 'bama, then host Air Force and UMASS, and go down to South Bend on the 4th week. sparty hosts Notre Dame in the 3rd week, seems different to me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)   I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees) Empty

Back to top Go down

I retract my earlier stance (on T.Rees)
Page 1 of 1