Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Rees Suspended for Opener

Go down 
+2
BetterThansparty
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

OT: Rees Suspended for Opener Empty
PostSubject: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/19697601/tommy-rees-suspended-for-notre-dame-season-opener
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 pm

Yea, I posted the ESPN article on my Notre Dame buddy's wall around 5:50 or so. I love it, although they are suspended against Navy (so it "shouldn't" matter). OTOH it is the first game of the year AND in Ireland. Ress can't even go with the team to Ireland so this is a punishment.

IMHO Fitz shouldn't play against 'bama. We need him but he screwed it up. The lap-top guy (can't recall his name off the top of my head) shouldn't play this year. If he earns the right to play for Michigan again, next year he can play.

Once again, this is only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:29 am

As usual, Brian Kelly is full of crap.

He says these players failed to live up to their responsibilities. Yet when Michael Floyd was pulled over 3 different times for drunk driving, there was never any word from him about responsibilities. All he said was that Floyd learned his lesson and he played in every single game.

Basically, driving drunk over and over is O.K. but running from a cop is not. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:53 am

Word is Rees assaulted a cop. Better late than never IMHO.

Kelly is a POS though...
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 am

WolverineHistorian wrote:
As usual, Brian Kelly is full of crap.

He says these players failed to live up to their responsibilities. Yet when Michael Floyd was pulled over 3 different times for drunk driving, there was never any word from him about responsibilities. All he said was that Floyd learned his lesson and he played in every single game.

Basically, driving drunk over and over is O.K. but running from a cop is not. Good to know.

Your first sentence says it all. I don't study incidents like Floyd's, but a third offense DWI should have landed him in the slam, no? Same with Rees, if he assaulted a cop, as 2nd noted below, not merely ran from one.

Fitz likely won't play (and should not) against 'Bama, for a first-time DWI offense (not to minimize the seriousness, mind you). But as you note, MF plays every single game for the holy-as-heaven, squeaky-clean, lilly-white Irish despite wearing the number of his DWIs on his back. Typical, hypocritical, Notre Dame.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 am

The things that I'm hearing Coach Hoke currently say tell me that Fitz might play. Hope I'm wrong kinda but that's my impression.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 am

Tend to agree with 2nd...

Idk how I personally feel about it. I mean, I guess Fitz shouldn't play, but I sure as hell want him too.

Either way, again, as 2nd said, everything that Hoke has said recently leads me to believe that he's at least giving Fitz A CHANCE to EARN his way back in time for Bama.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:40 am

Run Fitz Run. Let him play. Let Clark play. Discipline is for the courts. Wins trump it all. I don't care if the flunk out of class as long as they remain eligable during the season. This isn't the 1950's. Football is huge money and wins are what brings the money and brings more high caliber players. Just win baby.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:44 pm

We don't want to turn into michigan state....
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:54 pm

I dont car if they can read and write, just win football games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Rees Suspended for Opener   OT: Rees Suspended for Opener Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Rees Suspended for Opener
Page 1 of 1