Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father? Empty
PostSubject: FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father?   FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 am

Mine was a big one...Notre Dame, '91, The Catch.

Sat in that very endzone, 9 rows up.

Unbelievable.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. You mean the world to your sons, even if we don't act like it sometimes.

I can't wait to get down and see my father today and give him his brand new Michigan tee from the MDen.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father?   FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Mine was Michigan at Notre Dame in 2006. I believe Michigan was ranked #14 and ND was ranked #2.

My dad is a Notre Dame fan. We moved to the "Michiana" area in 1993 but he had never been to see a Notre Dame game in person. I got tickets online and flew back to take him to the game.

Walking through the tunnel to our seating section was exactly like the movie Rudy because when my dad got to the top of the tunnel he just stopped an stared at the field like Rudy's dad did in the movie. I could tell he was in total awe.

I remember UM intercepted Brady Quinn right out of the gate was up 7-0 in less than a minute. ND stormed right back down the field and tied it up and then Henne and Manningham put on a clinic. Mario had 3 TDs that game and even Lamar Woodley had a 50+ yard fumble recovery for a TD.

I remember walking away from that game thinking that Charlie Weiss was NOT the coach he was being advertised as.

I haven't been to a game with my dad since.

PostSubject: Re: FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father?   FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:20 am

Have to share this....my first game with my dad wasn't a Michigan game, but it was at Michigan Stadium. I forget the year but one pro exhibition game was held at the stadium between the Detroit Lions and Baltimore Colts. I remember my Dad taking tons of photos. We got there early so we could get some great pics while the players were warming up. Come to find out, he forgot to put film in the camara! We laughed about that for years....I miss you Dad....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father?   FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father? Empty

Back to top Go down

FATHER'S DAY: first game you attended with your father?
Page 1 of 1