Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More on Head Injuries...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

More on Head Injuries... Empty
PostSubject: More on Head Injuries...   More on Head Injuries... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:39 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/23/sports/football/pee-wee-football-game-with-concussions-brings-penalties-for-adults.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20121023

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: More on Head Injuries...   More on Head Injuries... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm

I know that head injuries are extremely serious and should not be taken lightly, but I think that these campaigns are going a little overboard with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: More on Head Injuries...   More on Head Injuries... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:27 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
I know that head injuries are extremely serious and should not be taken lightly, but I think that these campaigns are going a little overboard with this stuff.

I agree with you 100%. Like many say, including Sam Webb quite frequently with a slightly more PC tone, it's the "Pussification of America".

Like you said, head injuries are nothing to be taken lightly. But my God, people are seriously acting like we're JUST NOW figuring out that football can lead to problems later in life!!! Who was/were the dumb fucking schmo(s) that got into football thinking it was completely unhazardous to your health to fun full speed into another human being, more times than not leading with your head?

I don't really give a damn about ''recent studies/tests/polls/etc'' and what they "show".

It doesn't take recent advancements in science and medicine to have figured out that strapping on the helmet and pads is a dangerous thing to do.

My boys will be playing tackle football at the earliest stage in life as they possibly can (so probably 3rd or 4th grade), without question. I believe the lessons one can learn from playing this wonderful game far outweigh the mere possibility of suffering a serious injury.

OK, stepping off my soapbox now and going to grab some lunch!

MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: More on Head Injuries...   More on Head Injuries... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:36 pm

I agree Admin, why not spend more time on proper tackling techniques and head injuries that do occur will decrease
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: More on Head Injuries...   More on Head Injuries... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Agreed, and to an extent, they are.

The NFL is sponsoring the new 'Heads Up' program for USA Football.

I have no clue what that entails, but I would certainly assume it has something to do with teaching proper techniques.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More on Head Injuries...   More on Head Injuries... Empty

Back to top Go down

More on Head Injuries...
Page 1 of 1