Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Injuries

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Injuries   Injuries EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:09 am

ok I hate to be the guy to bring it up especially since I know next to nothing about it but...

is our strength and conditioning contributing to these injuries?

I am of the impression that strength and conditioning is also on the hook for preventing injuries. Am I wrong? Butt tore his ACL running a routing route with ZERO contact.

And I hate to bring up the fact that our interior line (as young and inexperienced as it was) was blown off the ball and pushed back all year.

1) am I right to assume that S&C is there to also prevent these lame injuries?

2) when does technique and coaching get a pass and S&C have to stand up and be responsible for our terrible OLine play?

not trying to troll, I seriously have no clue what is what. Can someone please expand on this?

booboo

Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries   Injuries EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:35 pm

I treat sports injuries, also try to help with preventive stuff like proper stretching, proper nutrition. I don't do to the S&C, but have some knowledge. Our school has a S&C coach.

My knowledge it could be lack of leg strength, possibly not working hamstrings enough. Also lack of mobility in hips, not doing enough core workout. What I'm reading about M, players where simply cutting. So if M is not working on hip strengthening & stretching, posible lead to ACL injuries. Of course I don't know what M does in the weight room, would like to find out. 11 ACLs in 3 yrs is not just bad luck. Again, I'm NOT an expert, just my knowledgable opinion.

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries   Injuries EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks Sandy and booboo. I'm not an expert, but I've thought for a while that this many ACL's is not just a coincidence or bad luck. I know Ga had a bad ONE year, but what about the MSU's. O$U's and Bama's of the world? What is the difference between their S&C and UM's. I would think that Nussmeier can shed some light on this thing.....and hopefully FIX it, or at least lessen the numbers.

Go Blue!! Smile

MgoBlue

Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries   Injuries EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:50 pm

Maybe the basketball S & C coach can work with the football team. His results speak for themselves, not only the muscle he packs on the guys but also keeping guys like Horford healthy.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries   Injuries EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:10 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Maybe the basketball S & C coach can work with the football team.  His results speak for themselves, not only the muscle he packs on the guys but also keeping guys like Horford healthy.

I get what you're saying but it may be a bit misleading given that the BB players typically come in about 30-40 lbs underweight (lavert and stauskas are two recent kids) so they are bound to have what would be considered by most a huge transformation in weight and muscle. In regards to keeping Horford healthy, IMO I think a good deal of that can be attributed to the minutes he plays and load that he shares.

But yes I agree the BB team in general has stayed relatively healthy given the conference they play in.

sandyeggo_blue

Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries   Injuries EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:13 pm

booboo wrote:
I treat sports injuries, also try to help with preventive stuff like proper stretching, proper nutrition. I don't do to the S&C, but have some knowledge. Our school has a S&C coach.

My knowledge it could be lack of leg strength, possibly not working hamstrings enough. Also lack of mobility in hips, not doing enough core workout. What I'm reading about M, players where simply cutting. So if M is not working on hip strengthening & stretching, posible lead to ACL injuries. Of course I don't know what M does in the weight room, would like to find out. 11 ACLs in 3 yrs is not just bad luck. Again, I'm NOT an expert, just my knowledgable opinion.

GO BLUE!!!

yeah I wish I had somewhere to go to look up stats on ACL injuries but I feel like 11 seems really high for a three year span.

Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injuries   Injuries Empty

Back to top Go down

Injuries
Page 1 of 1