Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK Fish and others - I"M HERE

Go down 
+6
wshoes
WillieMfan
michmike
BetterThansparty
fishgoblue22
NCHawk
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NCHawk

NCHawk

OK Fish and others - I"M HERE Empty
PostSubject: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

sing me another, just like the other and waltz me around by my willie.

Iowa 34 - UM 16

Go Hawks.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Great, glad you are here. How are things with you? Long time no talk.

UM 31 Iowa 17
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:02 pm

You seriously expect to score 34 points against Michigan? Is that in 2 or 3 games?

BTW, welcome....
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

I think Hawk has predicted that same score for about 5 years now. However with the current 3 game winning streak against UM, we need to end it this year.

Iowa is one of those teams, even when UM is clearly a better team, that plays UM tough.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:22 pm

Every school circles the UM game on the schedule. Heck, during the Rich Clod years thy used to put neon lighting around it. Well, maybe not notre dame as they lost 2 out of 3 times to the hillbilly...
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Speaking of which---anyone heardm or seen the line on the game?

I didn't see one posted in EPSN's page, except to say "EVEN", and I know we are favored over Iowa Saturday.

Heck... the WhoTheHellAreU at Alabama game was "EVEN" on there, too.

Must be they hadn't established a line yet.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Yep I am seeing no line yet.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 pm

I thought I saw Mich -20.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm

No way, I love Michigan but if that was the line I'd take Iowa with the points....
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:33 pm

It's largely offline right now. I checked several sites that do not have a line for the game. I did find a site that is predicting it to be -20 so maybe that's where you saw it.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/lines
http://www.docsports.com/football-odds.html
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:50 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
You seriously expect to score 34 points against Michigan? Is that in 2 or 3 games?

BTW, welcome....

Yep only one team has scored 34 or more points on UM this year and they were the #1 team in the nation. Iowa is hardly that ha ha!

welcome to board Hawk.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Wassup Hawker? Reverse those scores, and bet the farm. Razz
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Great to see my old pals here. Iowa ranks in the 100's or near 100's in numerous offensive categories. They rarely even attenpt passes over 10 yards. (I shit you not). They adapted this thing called the catch and run offense. We see it as catch and get tackled.

The run game showed promise until Wiesman (who subed for the starter who had an ACL) got hur against MSU. Then the 2 best O-Linemen got hurt against PSU.

My vacuum clearner didn't work last week. I put a hawkeye sticker on it, now it sucks again.

People are really pistoff right now - this team has gotten worse as the season has gone on and as the competition got worse.

-20 is a safe bet.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah, it is perplexing actually. Vandenberg was one of the best QB's in the league last year, and he is not getting it done this year. Did Iowa change coordinators this year?

Seem to have a curse at the RB position every year.
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Fish,

Norm Parker (DC) retired. Ken OKeef (OC) took a job with Miami Dophins. Brian Ferentz came from the Patriots to coach OL. The OL coached moved to coach DL. The former DL coach was a raging dick - ran off a bunch of players - Bo Pelini hired him.

And Greg Davis the OC who worked with Mack Brown in Texas for the last decade or more? joined the Iowa staff as the new OC.

Texas fans are howling !! some good reading below.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/121690-We-tried-to-tell-them.?highlight=Iowa

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/114929-The-Crucifixion-of-Greg-Davis?highlight=Greg+Davis
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 pm

That is a lot of changes to the staff in one season.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 am

"My vacuum clearner didn't work last week. I put a hawkeye sticker on it, now it sucks again."

THis is classic Hawk!

I gotta steal it, but for Ohio or MSU!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 am

NCHawk wrote:
My vacuum clearner didn't work last week. I put a hawkeye sticker on it, now it sucks again.

Three-notes-descending trumpet for that one, Hawker! (Waaah....Waaaaaaah...Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh)

Now which regular on this board can we think of (hand on chin staring at ceiling) whose
sense of "humor" matches that, folks???

Seriously, glad to see you here, Hawk. While confident of a skid-ending victory Saturday, I don't think it
will be as lopsided as one would expect; Iowa is still Iowa, and they'll play hard. Given the uncertainty of
Denard, I'd readily take Iowa plus 20. I'm thinking the margin will be more like 10 or 11.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm

I was thinking the same thing, Joe, before I turned to the second page and saw your comment.

I've never heard that one before, but it's excellent.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Admin, you're not from Michigan. That's why. I'm not sure where Hawk is from but that joke has been used for the Lions (since the dawm of time), the Tigers (2001-2004), and sparty (ever since they joined the B1G TEN)...
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm

I invented the vaccume cleaner. I also invented the sticker and the pejorative expression "sucks". So I own the joke and it started in November 2012.

Cool
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 am

Yes you did, Hawker. And I assume your asking price for your latest invention, a la every other one, is $34.16 ???
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 am

michmike wrote:
Yes you did, Hawker. And I assume your asking price for your latest invention, a la every other one, is $34.16 ???

Funny, since he has been predicting a Hawkeye 34-16 win since about 2001.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:21 pm

NCHawk wrote:
I invented the vaccume cleaner. I also invented the sticker and the pejorative expression "sucks". So I own the joke and it started in November 2012.

Cool

it it's not patented or at least patent pending then I'm using it.

In related news, I believe I've invented and own the rights to every corn joke ever made. I hereby authorize UM fans to let the corn jokes fly at will.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Those are great because you can take 2 shots with only one joke. Both Iowa and Nebraska, talk about efficency. Funny that ethanol is made out of corn and not very efficent, much like the Hawkeye offense...
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Uhh, 2nd, let's see our defense shut down their offense, and then we'll talk about inefficiency/inefficacy, A-ok?

I thought our defense had been making such strides all season long, especially with their limiting MSU to ten points, and were especially good at home.

And what happened (at the House) last week? 431 yards and 31 points surrendered.

I'm confident of a solid, if unspectacular, win Saturday (along the lines of 21-10 or so), and am well aware Vandenberg isn't a dual threat QB along the lines of Kain (or USAF's option) which gives our D fits. Still, I want to see our men shut those cornholes down before I'll gloat or make wisecracks.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Our defense will be back this week. They excel against pro style offenses. It is Ohio that you have to worry about for the next disappearing trick.

Do I need to remind anyone about our defense in last years Ohio game?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Our defense will be back this week. They excel against pro style offenses. It is Ohio that you have to worry about for the next disappearing trick.

Do I need to remind anyone about our defense in last years Ohio game?
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Actually the vaccum cleaner works. It runs.................

It runs for about 76 yards on saturdays.

just like the hawkeyes.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Not worried about the D this week.

I think Ohio goes into Wisconsin and loses on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK Fish and others - I"M HERE   OK Fish and others - I"M HERE Empty

Back to top Go down

OK Fish and others - I"M HERE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next