Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SIAP: "The Game" spread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

SIAP: "The Game" spread Empty
PostSubject: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 pm

I didn't see this mentioned in any other threads so I thought I'd post it.

Looks like they open as 4.5 favorites

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2012/11/18/3663204/ohio-state-opens-as-4-5-point-favorites-against-michigan

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm

In other news from your link (kinda), this would be great...for Hockey (even though only BC plays D-1 Hockey). Academics as well, football not so much.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2012/11/20/3671400/report-boston-college-and-virginia-could-be-the-next-to-join-big-ten

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:52 am

4-1/2 sounds about right. Not saying that will come to pass, as we all certainly hope it doesn't (and many of us, including Y.T., have a fair degree of confidence in our men's success).

But given that "opening lines", etc. are just points of discussion set up to facilitate the betting booths in Vegas, plus the fact the unbeaten Buckeyes have us at home, and all things considered (including our offensive resurgence under DG and DR sharing the backfield), OSU-minus-4.5 sounds reasonable. For an opening line only...
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am

They should be favored at home.

Their defense is nowhere like it usually is. They are there to be had. We need to take it from them.

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 am

Agreed, Joe--- but knowing who they are, and knowing they know who we are, we'll have to do just that: take it from them. They sure as hell won't roll over and concede it to us...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 pm

I, actually, put quite a bit of stock into spreads from Vegas.

It's really unbelievable how often they are right.

I look at this line and see that Vegas expects a close game...so we just need to make that extra one or two plays and steal one in Cbus.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm

For whatever reason, Admin, I don't see us "stealing" one, per se (in the best sense of that expression), Saturday.

I think we'll win by beating them, pure and simple, fair and square (read: outhustling, outtackling, outblocking, outrunning, outcoaching), or lose by them doing the same. Just don't think either team will win
on lucky breaks.

Just me babbling, though...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:49 pm

michmike wrote:
For whatever reason, Admin, I don't see us "stealing" one, per se (in the best sense of that expression), Saturday.

I think we'll win by beating them, pure and simple, fair and square (read: outhustling, outtackling, outblocking, outrunning, outcoaching), or lose by them doing the same. Just don't think either team will win
on lucky breaks.

Just me babbling, though...

MichMike... I mostly agree with your thoughts.... beating them, pure and simple, fair and square (read: outhustling, outtackling, outblocking, outrunning, outcoaching), or lose by them doing the same.

But by that logic we should have beaten up ND pretty bad

Time of Possession
Michigan: 33:19
Notre Dame: 26:41

Rush Yards
Michigan: 161
Notre Dame: 94

Total Yards
Michigan: 299
Notre Dame: 239

3rd down effeciency
Michigan: 53.3%
Notre Dame: 33.3%

Turn Overs
Michigan: 6
Notre Dame: 2

I think what admin was trying to say was that we need to make sure we get those two or three game changing moments to swing in our favor and we walk out of C-Bus with a W. Much like ND got key turnovers when they needed to and came away with a W.

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Well, Sandy (and everyone)...I'll go back (somewhat) on what I said, and assert a conviction I've had since I grew out of my young-ish age egotism as a competitor: Lucky, unlucky, more/less talented, whatever:

There is one and only one way to win at any compeitive game or sport, from football to golf, from tennis to chess, and everything in between: outplay your opponent. Whether that means "playing better", or "playing less bad", than he/she/they.

And throwing five interceptions is definitely not playing "well", and usually won't constitute "playing better"...opening the door for the opposition to very easily play "less bad".

DIG????
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 pm

MichMike...

Yep, I like the playing less bad statement. And you're right.... no matter how well you played, 6 turnovers basically says you didn't.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Bump.

Spread was, what, 4.5?

I said I liked it being that close, because it gave me a good feeling going in that it'd be close and we'd have to "make that extra one or two plays to steal one in Columbus".

In the end, that's exactly what is was.

I don't know what I'd do if I came across Al Borges somewhere in town tonight.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:04 pm

That's the reason why we won't let you live in A2...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIAP: "The Game" spread   SIAP: "The Game" spread Empty

Back to top Go down

SIAP: "The Game" spread
Page 1 of 1