Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Meyer/Recruiting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

OT: Meyer/Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:14 am

One thing that I have not seen mentioned anywhere is that Meyer will once again have a recruiting advantage over most. The one positive about no bowl games or B1G championship game is that Urban can focus all of his attention on recruiting. Ohio is currently ranked 8 by Scout for 2013. I expect that to improve quite a bit by signing day. I am not overly concerned about him stealing Michigan recruits as Brady showed last year he can hold on to recruits.

Anyone else concerned about the advantage Urban will have with recruiting?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:45 am

Not really. I'm thinking UM/Ohio will be playing twice a year quite often. Maybe as early as next season.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm thinking UM/Ohio will be playing twice a year quite often.

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Last game on the schedule, then a rematch in Indy.

Could potentially happen quite often unless they realign the divisions with the addition of Rutgers and Maryland.

Nebraska should fall back down. Northwestern is our biggest worry next season (in our division, anyway...second being MSU probably). OSU should walk through the Leaders division next season.

So, we could see them in Week 12, then again in Week 13 at Lucas Oil.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 pm

...a la UCLA vs Stanford this past Saturday and again this Saturday in the Pac-12 'ship.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Ah...Yea they should probably fix that when they add Rutgers and Maryland. That would make the road to Indy much harder though.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Yes it would.

That was the big stink when the divisions were first created. Most other schools (their fans) were griping that it'd be Michigan vs OSU in the B1G 'ship every year. And since we already play the last game on the schedule against each other, it would become a very boring pattern of us playing two weeks in a row pretty often.

I don't know how I feel about it.

I can definitely say I wish we had another crack at those nuts this weekend in Indy, though.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 pm

I hope OSU and UM stay in different divisions.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 pm

I haven't completely made up my mind yet, tbh.

I think I'd have to live through one of those back-to-back matchups to get a feel for it first.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Might be too much for me to endure. Being from Ohio I am too close to ground zero and each loss is a living hell. I could not imagine taking 2 losses in the same year.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
One thing that I have not seen mentioned anywhere is that Meyer will once again have a recruiting advantage over most. The one positive about no bowl games or B1G championship game is that Urban can focus all of his attention on recruiting. Ohio is currently ranked 8 by Scout for 2013. I expect that to improve quite a bit by signing day. I am not overly concerned about him stealing Michigan recruits as Brady showed last year he can hold on to recruits.

Anyone else concerned about the advantage Urban will have with recruiting?

I have a bad feeling that Dawson will end up in Columbus. He will be like our version of Kalis last year.

You can make the argument that we still have Fox and Kugler but losing Dawson to O$U will still hurt.

What's better than two of the top 5 OGs in one recruiting class..... THREE.

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I have a bad feeling that Dawson will end up in Columbus. He will be like our version of Kalis last year.

You can make the argument that we still have Fox and Kugler but losing Dawson to O$U will still hurt.

What's better than two of the top 5 OGs in one recruiting class..... THREE.

I actually have a feeling he ends up back in the fold. I just don't think they'd re-offer him after the way things went down originally, if they didn't think there was a strong chance of him re-committing. Just a feeling I have.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Would he really go to a spread offense. That was the one position we struggled with when RR was coach. I do not think elite linemen typically like to play in a spread. I think the pro-style offense would be better at preparing him for the NFL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Meyer/Recruiting   OT: Meyer/Recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Meyer/Recruiting
Page 1 of 1