Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting

Go down 
+4
BOLEACH7
fishgoblue22
joe
the artist formally known
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:06 pm

is the love for this guy ever gonna end, pretty soon every coachin the Big is gonna be over signing and schollies will ahve no value. from year to year. Guy hasn't even won a game in the Big 10 or even achampionship, and they all wan't to annoit him as a God, WTF.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:10 pm

I predicted last week and I'll say it now.

This is the beginning of the B1G changing to the SEC.

Very soon schools in the B1G will oversign and cut players just like they do in the SEC.

It's all about the Benjamins baby. You think the B1G likes seeing the SEC winning 6 straight NAtional Titles? Hell no.

Meyer is the catalyst that is the beginning of the end of the B1G as we know it.

And I'm not trying to pick on Meyer. It would have happened sooner or later.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm

The B1G needs to do this now if it wants to compete. No matter what you think of it, the B1G is being left behind.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 pm

never want to become a cesspool like the SEC with the payments and such .... but you are right Fish .... if everyone is allowed to oversign we would be fools not to follow suit if it is not breaking any NCAA rules !!!!
Back to top Go down
hailtrueblue

hailtrueblue

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:21 pm

As is the Pac-Infinite, the Big 12-or-something, the Little East, and the AySeeSee.

The SEC is dirty, but that shouldn't set the precedent.

- Muhammad Ali
Back to top Go down
hailtrueblue

hailtrueblue

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:22 pm

But it will.

- Muhammad Ali
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:33 pm

I have to agree with Hail on this one

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm

I respectfully disagree. The B1G holds itself to a higher standard. Athletics, including football, are more about helping young people become responsible adults. The SEC-style of doing things may work for instant gratification purposes but how many former SEC players do you see in the broadcast booth, on the sidelines, etc.? Not as many as the B1G produces. For crying out loud, even ohio has a couple (Herstreit & Smith).

And the major programs (i.e. Michigan, Penn State, ohio) still sell-out their enormous stadiums. The B1G will never sink to the depths of the sec. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if within the next year Nebraska gets put on probation as they are no longer an AAU university. They recently lost that distinction. Every other school in the B1G is an AAU school. Football is important to the B1G, but it is only a fraction of the whole picture.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:00 am

Urban Meyer can thank the NCAA for the A+ SI grade in the 2012 recruiting season. Following the 2011 football schedules were completed and Ohio was left with an interm coach, they hired UM (what ironic initials) to nobody's surprise. But then, the NCAA allowed them 2 coaching staffs: one to prepare for the bowl game and another to recruit (and pirate) players for the upcoming NSD. All bowl teams including most of the B1G were preoccupied with their bowl games while Ohio UM could raid other staffs and recruits and begin to integrate the SEC methods into the Ohio system. Even the president of Ohio lowered himself to criticize Wisconsin coach Brett Bielema, who had criticized Ohio UM's methods, and suggested he "get a life". It would seem that President Gee and AD Smith were fortunate to keep their jobs after the Tressel/Pryor/tattos,etc. scandals (see Penn State). Lets hope the B1G can maintain class and dignity and high academic standards and not lower themselves to the win at all costs attitude of the SEC.

GO BLUE

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 am

I don't see over-signing as a negative; and it can be done ethically. The national average for natural attrition is 3-4 players. A couple reasons the Big Ten needs to take part:

1) The Big Ten would be left behind if we don't take part in it.
2) It will encourage players not to rest on their scholarship. Many players are lazy, and
we have had our share of lazy players. If a player is underperforming because he's always partying
or isn't staying in shape come every August -that is a problem to me. Why should he have that
security?

I could see how over-signing could be a sleazy practice though. If we're signing 35 and booting ten guys to the curb every year, that's one thing. It's not going to happen at Michigan, and I don't see Delaney ever accepting that. Nothing wrong w/covering natural attrition though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting   Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

Si gives Meyer an A+ for recruiting
Page 1 of 1