Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder Empty
PostSubject: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Mountaineers coach Bob Huggins was upset with his team's effort.

''I'm sick of it. I'm sick of watching guys stand around. I'm sick of watching guys not compete,'' Huggins said, not raising his voice. ''I'm sick of watching guys missing shot after shot and then never coming early, never staying late. They don't think about coming in on an off day. I've never had guys like this before. I want some guys that care.''
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am

Wow scary. Not good in WV right now. You could tell he was not happy on Saturday. He really tried to "will" his team to win but it just was not happening. He has a long season ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

I can't help but think back to mlive a couple of years ago, when people were complaining about Beilein and how West Virginia now had a much better coach. It looks to me like once Beilein's players graduated things haven't gone as well at West Virginia. The other guy I remember people pointing to was Tubby Smith. I'll take JB over both of them all day.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Tubby is a good coach. Huggins seems like a dirtbag.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Can't speak on Huggins morals or ethics. I do know he had some shady characters on his Cincy squads. That said he has a shit ton of wins.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 am

Go_Blue wrote:
Mountaineers coach Bob Huggins was upset with his team's effort.

''I'm sick of it. I'm sick of watching guys stand around. I'm sick of watching guys not compete,'' Huggins said, not raising his voice. ''I'm sick of watching guys missing shot after shot and then never coming early, never staying late. They don't think about coming in on an off day. I've never had guys like this before. I want some guys that care.''

As every other respondent has said, "WOW" is right. From the above I read, plain and simple, that Huggins
doesn't want to coach his team (of the players as which it now exists).

WVU came in with a paltry 4-3 record. They were simply defeated by a superior opponent Saturday night.
Facts are facts...no one can dispute those.

Note, however, that I watched only the first 15 minutes or so, and was concentrating on our players, and can't speak to the lack of effort, or the slacking, that may have pervaded WVU's team later in the game. But even if they were pulling something of a tank-job, I can't recall a coach calling his players out in public so strongly or so clearly of late...

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am

jjabilene wrote:
I can't help but think back to mlive a couple of years ago, when people were complaining about Beilein and how West Virginia now had a much better coach. It looks to me like once Beilein's players graduated things haven't gone as well at West Virginia. The other guy I remember people pointing to was Tubby Smith. I'll take JB over both of them all day.

I agree that Tubby is a good coach and has also had some bad luck with injuries, but he's also had trouble with some of his kids, kicking at least two players off the team. JB seems to do a real good job of evaluating character as well as talent. That's one reason I give him the edge. To some degree, I was probably tooting my own horn because I've always been on the Beilein bandwagon and some of the guys who were blasting him a few years ago are now hopping on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder   Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team.  Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder Empty

Back to top Go down

Bob Huggins has some hot words for his team. Wow...I imagine they are either ready to walk out or play harder
Page 1 of 1