Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big game today men-

Go down 
+3
hailtoyourvictor
fishgoblue22
wshoes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Big game today men- Empty
PostSubject: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am

(do we have any women on here?). Having a week off is not generally a positive correlation for basketball teams with next out performance- but- generally doesn't mean in each and every case. In our case, I think we really needed it, hopefully Morgan has turned a corner physically and we had a chance to work on some team defense fundamentals.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 am

I agree, I hope Morgan can go.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Michigan has closed the regular season strong the past two years. I think they start that push today.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:22 pm

What do you guys think about the 2 PG lineup Beilein throws out there with Spike and Burke in together?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Do they still call traveling? I swear I've seen Illini take two or three steps at least twice so far.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
What do you guys think about the 2 PG lineup Beilein throws out there with Spike and Burke in together?

I like it. Spike gave them some good minutes.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Nice win- and nice to see Morgan get recognized for his work. For all of the bit-hing about Dakich he praised Morgan, Burke and Beilein to the max.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:37 pm

My only problem with Dakisch is his bull headedness and insistence that what he has to say is right and his insistence that everyone agree with him.

He reminds me of some posters on this forum and other forums.

He is bright as far as the game goes. Just really obnoxious. I feel that he tries to be part of the game instead of reporting the game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:45 pm

But he brings a lot more than either Clark Kellogg or Dick Vitale.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:54 pm

I love listening to Dackich. He is smart, and he makes great points during the game. I agree with shoes that he brings more to the table than Kellogg. I love Dickie V, but for different reasons. Vitale brings excitement, and Dackich brings cerebral intelligence.

But my all time favorite college basketball announcer is Bill Raftery. That guy is entertaining.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Vitale is too into himself, IMO.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Love Raftery- my current favorite.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:57 pm

dwoody wrote:
Vitale is too into himself, IMO.

Ditto here, Woody. Vitale flat-out gets on my nerves. His act (little-kiddish "enthusiasm", 17th-century [by now] cliches, etc.) grew old faster than he lost his hair. Christ, wouldn't one think even he would get tired of calling every single star prospect, year after year, a "Diaper Dandy"?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm

He doesn't bother me, I look at him as caricature of himself. He entertains me.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 pm

I always get the impression when I listen to Dakich that he wants to make sure everyone knows how much he knows about the game. The thing I dislike the most about him is that he singles out kids for mistakes too much, and sometimes when he does it he's flat out wrong. At times I like him, at other times he grates on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big game today men-   Big game today men- Empty

Back to top Go down

Big game today men-
Page 1 of 1