Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him Empty
PostSubject: Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him   Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:38 am

Sean Lee: I’d rather play fewer years than “go soft”

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 15, 2013, 7:46 AM EDT

Now would probably be a good time to ask Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee where he comes down on the whole “chicken vs. egg” debate. After missing 10 games last year with torn toe ligaments, tearing an ACL in college, and dealing with less serious wrist and leg injuries throughout his career (he hasn’t played 16 games in a season yet), Lee said he doesn’t plan to change the way he approaches the game.
“I’m going to try to play a certain way, play hard,” Lee told 1310 The Ticket, via the Dallas Morning News. “I don’t think I would be successful if I didn’t play that way. I’d rather cut a few years off my career and play the right way than go soft and not play right. If injuries come, they come. But I’m going to sell out on the field and try to sell out every game. I think that’s the only way we really can win, if everybody does that.”

There’s a fine line between playing with reckless abandon and playing recklessly, one that Lee seems unaware of, or willing to ignore. Being constantly conscious of injuries isn’t necessarily helpful, but the macho equating of self-preservation with being “soft” probably doesn’t help keep him well, either. Lee said he’s “pretty much 100 percent,” healthy now, and he needs to be, as he’s one of the key parts of the Cowboys’ transition to Monte Kiffin’s 4-3 defense. Assuming, of course, he’s on the field.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him   Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him EmptyThu May 16, 2013 1:38 pm

I agree with to an extent as well, injuries such as "torn toe ligaments, tearing an ACL in college, and dealing with less serious wrist and leg injuries" are no big deeal in the grand scheme of things. They heal and it's the risk inherited in playing the game. As Shane Falso said in that corny movie The Replacements "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever."

Neurolgical trauma is a whole other ballgame though. Those injuries do not heal completely, it is not easier over time, and chicks do not dig neurological conditions.
Back to top Go down

Too bad he plays for the Cowboys, because I like him
Page 1 of 1