Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I thought this was a good read.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I thought this was a good read. Empty
PostSubject: I thought this was a good read.   I thought this was a good read. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:46 am

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/23480503/michigannotre-dame-latest-casualty-in-conference-realignment-game
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I thought this was a good read.   I thought this was a good read. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:52 am

FGB---I've got lots of VERY mixed feelings about it. First off, just to address the "semantics" of their article, I can't see how they can call it a casualty of conference realignment, since ND never has been, and likely won't be (for my lifetime) in a conference.

But more to the point (about ND leaving the schedule after '14): I've wanted them replaced with another high-profile quality opponent for some time now. And I've always wanted them moved further down the schedule, say, to the last non-B1G opponent we played (the 4th week, rather than the 2nd, or even 1st)...which of course didn't happen.

Hell, we certainly have had some doozies with them lately (like the last 4 years), and it is exciting, but frankly, we've played them what, 30 times in the last 35 seasons?  It's time for a change IMO. But it's also very important we don't replace them with another UConn or Akron. But rather, a home-and-home with an SEC school, then maybe one with a USC or Oregon or Stanford, then another SEC home-and-home, etc.

So I'm not really sad the "rivalry", such as it's ever been, is all but over.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: I thought this was a good read.   I thought this was a good read. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:57 am

When you consider the upcoming 9 game conference schedule, you have 3 choices.  1. Keep ND and 2 warm up teams. 2. Keep ND and have one warm up team plus another premier team.  3. Drop ND for a home an home with a premier team and 2 warm ups.  #2 is bad when you have only 4 teams playing for the NC with the chance of losing 2 OOC games.  Locking in with ND is bad when they are down for the SOS portion of the NC playoff.  Unfortunately, #3 looks like the lesser of all evils.

Last edited by blu4vr on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I prefer lesser to least, it sounds better.)
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I thought this was a good read.   I thought this was a good read. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 1:35 pm

LEAST of all evils, you meant to say.  And that's the scenario I prefer.

FTR, "lessor of all evils" (taken literally) is the landlord who rents his apts. to Buckeyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought this was a good read.   I thought this was a good read. Empty

Back to top Go down

I thought this was a good read.
Page 1 of 1