Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravo Fitz

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:10 am

22 carries for 71 yds. More importantly he held the ball. No turnovers. Fitz was an absolute workhorse. I'm glad for him. 22 for 71 doesn't look all that impressive on paper but he pulled more than his weight tonight. Fitz helped us control the clock.

Half of the game ball goes to Fitz.

And I will take off my UM homer hat and give praise to the ND D line. They looked like the real deal tonight. Glasgow, Miller and Kalis got thrown into the fire. The O line gets the other half of the game ball. all in all a solid performance but there is plenty to work on to keep them focused and hungry.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:41 am

Yep, I actually can't wait to see what Notre Dame does to sparty in 2 weeks. That will be the only game where I pull for rudy to win (unless they somehow play ohio). Here's a question, how many, if any, offensive touchdowns will sparty score against all B1G teams combined? I'll set the over/under at 7.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:47 am

Nix is a lot more nimble than I thought.  He can move for a 350 pounder.  I thought the o-line did a decent job of giving Devin time to throw.  

Fitzgerald had to pick up some tough yards against that line.  There was almost no running room.  

I will give Al Borges a lot of credit too.  He called a great offensive game.  I was not impressed with some of the defensive calls, but this is the best offense we will see for a while, at least until IU, but IU doesn't stop anybody.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:30 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Yep, I actually can't wait to see what Notre Dame does to sparty in 2 weeks.  That will be the only game where I pull for rudy to win (unless they somehow play ohio).  Here's a question, how many, if any, offensive touchdowns will sparty score against all B1G teams combined?  I'll set the over/under at 7.
This is a funny question. i'll have to do some research and get back with you but as of right now 7 sounds a bit high.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:32 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Nix is a lot more nimble than I thought.  He can move for a 350 pounder.  I thought the o-line did a decent job of giving Devin time to throw.  

Fitzgerald had to pick up some tough yards against that line.  There was almost no running room.  

I will give Al Borges a lot of credit too.  He called a great offensive game.  I was not impressed with some of the defensive calls, but this is the best offense we will see for a while, at least until IU, but IU doesn't stop anybody.
I thought devin did a great job of staying in the pocket. At first it didn't seem like he was getting time to throw. It seemed like he was taking a shot every time he threw the ball. By the second half DG was poise and had all the time in the world to throw.

Back to Fitz, he was everything we needed him to be. No doubt about it, he's our clear cut #1 and probably will be the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:04 am

Oh man, I thought ND and MSU played next week!
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:24 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

I thought devin did a great job of staying in the pocket. At first it didn't seem like he was getting time to throw. It seemed like he was taking a shot every time he threw the ball. By the second half DG was poise and had all the time in the world to throw.

Back to Fitz, he was everything we needed him to be. No doubt about it, he's our clear cut #1 and  probably will be the rest of the season.

Fitz did well blocking for DG too. I watched him a few times and he was picking up the blitz when it was really needed.

The O line, to me, was hot and cold, but overall did very well for as young as we are in the middle.

I agree about AB and his play calling. About as wide open as I have seen him call. Hopefully he paid attention to the success of the pass to Fitz out of the backfield!! Smile

I think our D needs a lot of work. Very, very little pressure. It seemed like Rees had his choice of open receivers all night. To me we seemed to be one step behind the vast majority of the time. Having written that, I feel the talent is there and confident that Coach GM can coach them up over the next few "not as difficult opponents" and have them ready for the grind of the B1G.

Overall, as a team, I thought we played well, and it was a really good measure of where we are.

And, big kudos to the person who played the Chicken Song!!!! Smile

Last, but not least....LOVE THE BANNER!!!!!!!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:33 am

Quote :

Fitz did well blocking for DG too.  I watched him a few times and he was picking up the blitz when it was really needed.  Huge.  That is something the young guys need to learn

The O line, to me, was hot and cold, but overall did very well for as young as we are in the middle.  Agree

I agree about AB and his play calling.  About as wide open as I have seen him call.  Hopefully he paid attention to the success of the pass to Fitz out of the backfield!!  Smile  That pass shocked me.  Didn't see that last year.  Great call in that situation

I think our D needs a lot of work.  Very, very little pressure.  It seemed like Rees had his choice of open receivers all night.   To me we seemed to be one step behind the vast majority of the time.  Having written that, I feel the talent is there and confident that Coach GM can coach them up over the next few "not as difficult opponents" and have them ready for the grind of the B1G.  I think a lot had to do with a conservative approach to not allow big plays.  The corners are sure tacklers, and that is something UM has lacked in the past few years.

Overall, as a team, I thought we played well, and it was a really good measure of where we are.  

And, big kudos to the person who played the Chicken Song!!!!   Smile  Hilarious.

Last, but not least....LOVE THE BANNER!!!!!!!!!   Smile   Awesome.  I hate that guy, no matter who dresses like that.

Go Blue!!   Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bravo Fitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Fitz   Bravo Fitz Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravo Fitz
Page 1 of 1