Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravo Hoke

Go down 
+5
jjabilene
Meechigan Man
stjotoo
GOBLUEJOE66
sandyeggo_blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 am

You had the stones to do what I was sure you didn't. I am truly impressed and I have renewed faith in your abilities to turn M around.

+1 Hoke

No just put a f#cking head set on already.

GOBLUEJOE66

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:43 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
You had the stones to do what I was sure you didn't. I am truly impressed and I have renewed faith in your abilities to turn M around.

+1 Hoke

No just put a f#cking head set on already.

LOL!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:55 am

Right on in both ways, sandy!!! Now maybe Hoke will learn a little through a headset from an astute co-ordinator as the game progresses. And maybe he should put on a coat in the colder weather games and not pretend he is Woody Hayes reincarnated.

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:50 am

You mean Brandon don't you? This was not Hoke on his own, especially since he had previously stated that he foresaw no changes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Meechigan Man wrote:
You mean Brandon don't you? This was not Hoke on his own, especially since he had previously stated that he foresaw no changes

You're right. you have to believe it was a collaboration of the two and I admit I was wrong when I previously assumed Brandon would never admit a mistake or his backing of a mistake (Hoke tabbing Borges as the OC in this case).

In any case, it's done and over. It's time to move on and I couldn't be happier that UM was willing to acknowledge it's mistake and try to rectify it.

Who knows, 2 years from now we may realize DN is not the answer but hey, at least we went down swinging right?

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Lol totally agree Sandy, just glad that Hoke went along with it, if he had a choice? As for Nussmeier yes he may fail, always a chance but Borges had to go and one great attribute that DN has is his great QB coaching resume
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Meechigan Man wrote:

While this is possible, I wouldn't assume it. Hoke previously said he didn't "foresee" any changes, which meant exactly nothing. It was the only thing he could say at the time, and he probably hadn't decided 100% at that point anyways. I kind of hope this was Hoke's decision because of the implications Sandy mentioned. I've always thought too much loyalty to a particular individual often meant disloyalty to the fans, and they should come first. I'll be shocked if replacing Borges doesn't bode well for us fans.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 pm

jjabilene wrote:
Meechigan Man wrote:

While this is possible, I wouldn't assume it. Hoke previously said he didn't "foresee" any changes, which meant exactly nothing. It was the only thing he could say at the time, and he probably hadn't decided 100% at that point anyways. I kind of hope this was Hoke's decision because of the implications Sandy mentioned. I've always thought too much loyalty to a particular individual often meant disloyalty to the fans, and they should come first. I'll be shocked if replacing Borges doesn't bode well for us fans.
I agree. I don't think Brandon made this call.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:41 pm

I think when you are paying top 5 money the guy with the purse strings will be involved.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 pm

So what changed in the interim for Hoke to suddenly fire Borges? Surely not the bowl game, who actually thought the offense was going to click with Morris making his first start ?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Mu guess is that it was a collaboration with strong input from Brandon. He pays a lot of attention to the mood of core supporters and the fan base at large. I think he knew he needed something more than let's let every body get a year older, to energize the base.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I think when you are paying top 5 money the guy with the purse strings will be involved.
+1

Meechigan Man wrote:
So what changed in the interim for Hoke to suddenly fire Borges? Surely not the bowl game, who actually thought the offense was going to click with Morris making his first start ?
Is there any chance they read this board (or every other forum for that matter) and realized the fans wanted to go a different direction.  Very Happy 

Which one of you are secretly part of Hoke's staff? lol! 

hailtoyourvictor

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 am

Every source I've read has said that Hoke was heavily involved in getting Nessmeier here.

What do you expect him to say in an interview right after the bowl game? "We are going to fire the rest of the staff.".... "I don't anticipate any changes" is coach speak.

You really have to hate Hoke to speculate that he had nothing to do with the hire. Heck even people who hate Hoke and want him fired are giving him at least SOME credit for the hire.

Meeeechigan Man, what sources have said this was all Brandon and not both Brandon and Hoke?

hailtoyourvictor

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:46 pm

Meechigan Man wrote:

"I'm a big believer that leaders get to pick their teams, and Brady makes all the decisions as it relates to the people he wants to surround himself with to be successful," Brandon said. "When Brady first called me and identified Doug, my first reaction was 'wow, that would be great, but really?'

"The more I got involved in the discussions with Brady, the more real this became. And then obviously, at some point, I get involved because we needed to put a program together and bring Doug and his family here and make him feel good about it. I'm really thrilled."

While Brandon says he left the ultimate decision up to Hoke, when asked if he felt Michigan needed a change on offense after a 7-6 season and back-to-back disappointing campaigns, Michigan's athletic director didn't hesitate to offer his opinion.

Cool story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bravo Hoke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bravo Hoke   Bravo Hoke Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravo Hoke
Page 1 of 1