Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Was this after a good week of practice?

Go down 
+2
hailtoyourvictor
dwoody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Was this after a good week of practice? Empty
PostSubject: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:57 pm

If so, I'm scared.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:05 am

First road game. Not surprised.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:11 am

U-Conn, 0-3, no sacks until tonight.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 am

dwoody wrote:
If so, I'm scared.
More than a little concerning.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:51 am

next game will tell everyone what this team is about , there are two full weeks of practice and game planning ,if the same players are starting and the results are the same then there are serious questions about Hoke as a coach
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:53 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
First road game. Not surprised.
not surprised but still not happy. I felt like this game might go this way because the youth, the first travel game for a lot of the guys, the atmosphere. Sure UCONN is no big house but they were amped last night and I'm sure that played a big part. I gave Michigan a huge bump after hearing them own their embarrassment last week and I thought M was gonna blow the doors out but something told me UCONN might make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Meechigan Man wrote:
next game will tell everyone what this team is about , there are two full weeks of practice and game planning ,if the same players are starting and the results are the same then there are serious questions about Hoke as a coach
No, it means that all of those studs that Coach Hoke recruited are still green and the Line that Coach Clod recruited is full of a bunch of pansies (except Lewan and Scholfield who were coming to Michigan before Coach Clod signed on). I'm not saying that the cupboard is bare because no it isn't. However we do not have the depth needed for practices to help make our starting 5 better. This also hurts the rotational scheme. At times they get push, other times not so much.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Coach Clod as you put it inherited a bad, bad O-line and yet somehow what he left was good enough to support an 11-2 season. You can't (or shouldn't) have it both ways, no credit for the year after he left but tons of blame for 3 years later.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:06 pm

There was experience in Coach Hoke's first year. Both G's and the Center are gone. Michigan has Taylor at LT and Scholfield at RT but 3 Freshmen at LG, C, & RG...

It will come with experience, the first 2-3 B1G games will be very rough (as proven by these last two weeks). sparty and bucknut are going to be daunting tasks but they would be anyway. Relax about the line, I'm much more concerned about Gardner...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:27 pm

The line is key to Devin's success.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:46 pm

And water is wet, give it time. And remember, next year we get to go through this although it will be a little different being Tackles instead of Guards/Center.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 6:58 pm

We need a really good center. The best Michigan teams have always had one. Sometimes an All American, more often an All Big Ten quality- bit it starts there.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 7:53 pm

I am in no way arguing with you on that however give it time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was this after a good week of practice?   Was this after a good week of practice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was this after a good week of practice?
Page 1 of 1