Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.

Go down 
+11
the artist formally known
michmike
hailtoyourvictor
BetterThansparty
joe
sandyeggo_blue
mgoblue93
wshoes
Meechigan Man
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:42 am

Coach Hoke is fine, he is the best thing to happen to the Football program since Charles Woodson. End of story.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 am

He should get 5 years minimum and then only be in trouble if the team is worse then than it is now which I do not expect.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 am

I think the biggest problem is Gardner doing his best Denard Robinson impression the last two weeks.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 am

wshoes wrote:
He should get 5 years minimum and then only be in trouble if the team is worse then than it is now which I do not expect.

'shoes
True that, shoes.....I honestly wasn't sure when they announced the hire, I'll admit I wanted Les Miles (now glad he stayed), but that "not sure" didn't last long....I am not in a panic because of the last two games...of the two, the UCONN game concerns me more due to what happened the week before, BUT, we ARE 4-0 heading into B1G play!! Now, if he can hang onto/add to the verbals and leans over the next two years, look out....but, DAMN!!!!!!!! LOL

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:13 am

I hope some of the on-the-fence recruits don't look at the lack of progress., or even regression, of the O-line and start to wonder if maybe the coaching at Michigan won't be the greatest in developing their talents. I am not saying the coaching is that way, I am just saying maybe some of these studs with aspirations will start thinking like that.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:55 am

EJinGA wrote:
I think the biggest problem is Gardner doing his best Denard Robinson impression the last two weeks.
His Denard Robinson impression looked pretty good in the ND game.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:23 pm

wshoes wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
His Denard Robinson impression looked pretty good in the ND game.

'shoes
Well, Denard does own Notre Dame...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:54 pm

dwoody wrote:
I hope some of the on-the-fence recruits don't look at the lack of progress., or even regression, of the O-line and start to wonder if maybe the coaching at Michigan won't be the greatest in developing their talents. I am not saying the coaching is that way, I am just saying maybe some of these studs with aspirations will start thinking like that.
By "on the fence recruits" do you mean guys committed or guys that are being recruited.

I will say this, of the guys that are committed (both 2014 and 2015) there are no "on the fence" kids. they are solid IMO.

The two guys we have left for the 2014 class (McDowell and Hand) are locks, book it.

The 15 or so, what I like to call major targets, for the 2015 class don't concern me either. I think we end up next year in the same position this year, wishing we had more spots to add guys. IMO there will be no problem filling the next few classes with the kids we want and need. In summation, I don't see these last two weeks, or a few losses this year, affecting recruiting. I know that's a bold statement but I firmly believe it.

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Would now be a good time to discuss the lack of a QB coach? Seems like it would be nice to have one considering our current issue.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Borges is the QB coach.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/al_borges_741213.html

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Maybe he has the title but many do not recognize him as a QB coach. At least that is the impression I get.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 pm

The reason why "many do not recognize him as a QB coach" is that he's the offensive coordinator. What position does a QB play? Oh yea, offense...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:21 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Would now be a good time to discuss the lack of a QB coach?  Seems like it would be nice to have one considering our current issue.
I think is a valid question. Sure AB is technically our QB coach but I wonder how much time he got to work with just the QBs this offseason.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:34 pm

dwoody wrote:
I don't think recruits follow college football nearly enough to evaluate regression/progression of the offensive line.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:52 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
dwoody wrote:
I don't think recruits follow college football nearly enough to evaluate regression/progression of the offensive line.  
Maybe not but if you're a top running back and you see gaping holes opened by the Alabama O-line or the OSU line and then you watch Mich to see defenders ready to tackle the back shortly after he gets the ball, do you ponder that?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 pm

wshoes wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
dwoody wrote:
Maybe not but if you're a top running back and you see gaping holes opened by the Alabama O-line or the OSU line and then you watch Mich to see defenders ready to tackle the back shortly after he gets the ball, do you ponder that?

'shoes
If I'd have to guess, they would probably get on their phone and text one of their O-Line recruits for that class and say "they need you on that line bro!".

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeah, but a top back can come in and be productive his first year, and O-line takes time. I think it's an issue.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:28 pm

wshoes wrote:
Yeah, but a top back can come in and be productive his first year, and O-line takes time. I think it's an issue.

'shoes
Of course it is. These guys have four years to prove themselves for the next level.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:28 am

I'm really starting to think that they are having the same problem that they had with Robinson. A square peg, in a round hole. Gardner isnt much more of a pocket passer than Denard.

Michigan isnt going to be what they want to be till Morris is under center.

I was hoping this will be a special year, but now I think it will be 3 years from now when that OL is experienced, and they have a pocket passer under center with experience.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:40 am

If we can't take advantage of Gardner's talents- size, spec, arm- then that is on the coaches and I'm looking directly at the OC.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 am

Another thing- so now Morris is the answer?- have you seen his HS stats? He seems to have all the physical tools and be mobile enough, but most great college passers were lights out accurate in HS.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:01 am

I agree with shoes, I was really high on Morris starting out and I know mono hurt his senior year but his accuracy is a huge question mark to me.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am

wshoes wrote:
If we can't take advantage of Gardner's talents- size, spec, arm- then that is on the coaches and I'm looking directly at the OC.

'shoes
Totally agree!!! If you look at what NFL teams are doing with Wilson, Kappernick and RG III that is what we should be doing. Gardner has the arm strength. No question. He's big and strong and mobile. If Gardner could cut down on turn overs NFL teams will be drooling over him. If we can't win with him then we have other issues. Personally, I would like to always have a QB with some scrambling ability. It frustrates a defense having to keep contain vs. blitzing on every down.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:21 am

wshoes wrote:
Another thing- so now Morris is the answer?- have you seen his HS stats? He seems to have all the physical tools and be mobile enough, but most great college passers were lights out accurate in HS.

'shoes
Only as far as how the offense is designed. I think they really want to move forward with the pro-style offense, and they're finding out that they can't. Reason being, Gardner just isnt a good fit, and the OL is inexperienced.

Whether Morris is going to be good or not, who knows. Speight May be better.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:24 am

wshoes wrote:

'shoes
We think and we know it's an issue. Recruits don't read too much into it.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:53 pm

I don't think DG is that big of a problem until you combine him with the lack-luster O-line. Against inferior opponents last year DG lit it up (of course that was with a predominantly read-option experienced offense). With the inexperienced O-line DG is running like a chicken with his head cut off, he doesn't know what to do. The coaches are telling him to sit back in the pocket, something which he could do except he has no time. Without a solid back-up DG also knows that it's him or bust, he doesn't run for that reason.

Morris will be good, but I think (hope) Speight will be better.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:21 pm

He had quite a bit of time against UConn. He misses receivers and panicked when he thought there wasn't time.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:35 pm

I thought that the G's and Center (basically the new guys) were not as solid as (of course) Lewan & Scholfield.  I saw DG get pressured early and often against UConn.  You can't argue that he has had less time than last year.  That's no excuse, but it is what it is.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Last edited by 2ndComingOfBo on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Either way, he needs to stop spinning backwards away from the LOS every time there is some pressure.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Some pressure or an impending-sack?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2