Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterdays games

Go down 
+4
booboo
Admin
BetterThansparty
GOBLUEJOE66
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:37 pm

I watched pretty much all of the LSU/Ga, Bama/MS and ASU/USC games, plus parts of the South Car/UCF and A&M/ARK games yesterday, and the thing was very obvious to me was the SPEED, SPEED and SPEED!! The WR's, RB's, LBs and DBs ALL seemed to have at least two extra gears. I saw running back after running back get around the corner on sweeps and then hit another gear as they gained an extra 10+ yards with their speed. But the one I saw that really got me was in the LSU/Ga game. I saw a 6 foot something, 300 + pound right guard pull to his left, get around the corner about 10 yards laterally from where he started and blocked the middle linebacker!! The MB did get caught up in a wee bit of traffic, but that was crazy good in my book. I know we are still building, and are pretty much thinking we are at least one year away, but I can't say that I have seen any of that sort of speed with UM. Am I missing something?

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Didn't we have speed with Rich Clod (granted they weren't very big)? That doesn't really work in the B1G (unless they are big as well).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 pm

You're not missing anything...

we are lacking the overall team speed that many of those teams you mentioned have.

Even more reason that I can't wait for Peppers to get on campus. I don't know if the coaches have decided whether or not he'll play FS or SS, but the kid has an unbelievable nose for the ball, and I'd personally like to see him at SS up in the box on a lot of different looks.

booboo

booboo

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:43 pm

The play I remember was from Georgia/LSU, Ga. punted, the long snapper was the 1st guy down field to make tackle, SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!!!

Okla/ND: Always nice to see ND lose, enough said

Wisc/OSU: Wisc did a good job passing, played well in the horse shit, I mean horse shoe. Pass for TD just before halftime hurt Badgers. OSU is good, but if M plays their A game, they can win.

A&M/Ark.: Again, speed! Whatever your opinion of Manziel & his social life, he is very good. There def. still sucks, but entertaining game. Ark. played well.

Ga./LSU: Game of the day, again SPEED, both defenses questionable, or is it great offense? Probably a little of both.

Ariz/Wash., USC/ASU, Bama/Miss. Stan./WSU: Only watched bits & pieces of each game, really can't comment on the games. What I saw of Stanford, they looked good.

Just fun to watch football from 3:30 to about 12:30am, nice relaxing afternoon/evening. (Missed the noon games, working.)
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:20 am

booboo wrote:
...Wisc/OSU: Wisc did a good job passing, played well in the horse shit, I mean horse shoe. Pass for TD just before halftime hurt Badgers. OSU is good, but if M plays their A game, they can win...
I know I'm gonna catch shit for this but there is no doubt that Wisc is a better team. Wisc beat themselves PERIOD. Missed FG, BS penalty when UW should've recovered TD. Too many mistakes for UW = O$U win. UW should be 5-0.

hailtoyourvictor

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:54 am

Wisconsin's loss to ASU doesn't look so bad after ASU took U$C to the woodshed. Not that it should have been a loss anyways, but you get the point.

WolverineHistorian

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
booboo wrote:
...Wisc/OSU: Wisc did a good job passing, played well in the horse shit, I mean horse shoe. Pass for TD just before halftime hurt Badgers. OSU is good, but if M plays their A game, they can win...
I know I'm gonna catch shit for this but there is no doubt that Wisc is a better team. Wisc beat themselves PERIOD. Missed FG, BS penalty when UW should've recovered TD. Too many mistakes for UW = O$U win. UW should be 5-0.
The end of the first half was sickening.  Braxton Miller makes a horrible throw that should have been intercepted, right to the Badger defender, and he just drops it.  The very next play, Miller converts a 4th and 16 into a wide open touchdown to end the half.

F*cking OSU.  Why can't that ever happen in reverse?  Ever since Urban Meyer landed in their lap, too many times I have seen opponents leave easy points on the field to just leave the door wide open for OSU to squeeze out the win.  That happened several times last year.  I didn't have the heart to watch the rest of the Wisconsin game because I knew it would happen again.

At least Notre Dame lost so the day wasn't a waste.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:07 am

"At least ND lost so the day wasn't a [complete] waste."

LOLOL!!!!  If I heard anything different from you, WH, I'd wonder if it weren't time to send you to a shrink!!!!

Even in a year where our team handily handles them, compassion can't set in, eh???  Not even while
catching your breath from running screaming down the street, and assuring Dad you won't kill him in your
excitement/ecstacy?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:37 am

michmike wrote:
"At least ND lost so the day wasn't a [complete] waste."

LOLOL!!!!  If I heard anything different from you, WH, I'd wonder if it weren't time to send you to a shrink!!!!

Even in a year where our team handily handles them, compassion can't set in, eh???  Not even while
catching your breath from running screaming down the street, and assuring Dad you won't kill him in your
excitement/ecstacy?
During the final minute of the ND/Oklahoma game, they showed a closeup of Tommy Rees on the sideline and he looked really upset, almost on the verge of tears.  Believe it or not, I started to bad for him for a few seconds.  But then I had to remind myself he plays for Notre Dame, so he deserves no sympathy.  

I may need that shrink after all because of those few seconds.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
booboo wrote:
The end of the first half was sickening.  Braxton Miller makes a horrible throw that should have been intercepted, right to the Badger defender, and he just drops it.  The very next play, Miller converts a 4th and 16 into a wide open touchdown to end the half.

F*cking OSU.  Why can't that ever happen in reverse?  Ever since Urban Meyer landed in their lap, too many times I have seen opponents leave easy points on the field to just leave the door wide open for OSU to squeeze out the win.  That happened several times last year.  I didn't have the heart to watch the rest of the Wisconsin game because I knew it would happen again.

At least Notre Dame lost so the day wasn't a waste.  
I feel like O$U has gotten practically every bounce that needed to go their way since Urbs arrived there. IMO they very well should have lost to Sparty, Indiana, Purdue and Wiscy last year. This will make buckeye tears taste all the more sweeter when the finally do lose a game. Hopefully it is to us this year.

WolverineHistorian

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Yeah, that's been most infuriating of all. Even the best teams in the country have bounces that go against them every so often. It's just a part of the game. But since Meyer arrived, you never see any bounces going against OSU. Talk about a team that's deserving of some major karma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yesterdays games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterdays games   Yesterdays games Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterdays games
Page 1 of 1