Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fielder is ticking me off.

Go down 
+3
MichiganFootball13
sandyeggo_blue
hailtoyourvictor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fielder is ticking me off. Empty
PostSubject: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 am

What a horrible contract.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:49 am

poop

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:52 am

what a bum
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:52 am

He has not done crap this post season, that's for sure.

I doubt he is tradable in the off season.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Prince Error is not existence, almost worth putting Kelly in , he's a better fielder, and more patient hitter. do you understand for the 23 mil we play him we could keep Scherzer and get a quality left fielder.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:51 pm

The Tigers will trade Max this off-season hopefully for a closer. Ideally I'd like Kimbrel from Atlanta but I highly doubt if that would happen. I'd also like Rosenthal from St. Louis but I doubt that happens, St. Louis doesn't have a need for starting pitching at the moment. It is my "guess" that Max will go to the Rockies and we'll get Rex Brothers plus a few prospects. I'd be ok with that...

I don't see anyone touching Fielder. The Tigers are stuck with him, but he'll work his way out of this season-long funk, at least I hope (no idea if or when then).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:27 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
The Tigers will trade Max this off-season hopefully for a closer.  Ideally I'd like Kimbrel from Atlanta but I highly doubt if that would happen.  I'd also like Rosenthal from St. Louis but I doubt that happens, St. Louis doesn't have a need for starting pitching at the moment.  It is my "guess" that Max will go to the Rockies and we'll get Rex Brothers plus a few prospects.  I'd be ok with that...

I don't see anyone touching Fielder.  The Tigers are stuck with him, but he'll work his way out of this season-long funk, at least I hope (no idea if or when then).
Why would you want a left-handed closer? No thanks.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 11:33 pm

I'd rather trade for a young starter and a young outfield prospect than for a relief pitcher. Leyland managed the bullpen awesome this year. We don't need a "closer", by definition, we just need another solid bullpen option.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:43 am

I would never trade a top starter for a closer. Closers are far less likely to be reliable over say 5 years or more. Mariano was pretty rare.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:47 pm

The Tigers can't afford Max, his contract ends after next year.  Why not get something that the Tigers desperately need while they have him?  The Tigers already have excellent starting pitching, they need bullpen help in a bad way.  Starters can't go complete games like in the old days, bullpen help is needed in a hurry.  The Tigers would probably be in the World Series if they had a closer.  They can still get there but it'd be so much easier if they had a closer.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:05 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
The Tigers can't afford Max, his contract ends after next year.  Why not get something that the Tigers desperately need while they have him?  The Tigers already have excellent starting pitching, they need bullpen help in a bad way.  Starters can't go complete games like in the old days, bullpen help is needed in a hurry.  The Tigers would probably be in the World Series if they had a closer.  They can still get there but it'd be so much easier if they had a closer.
The Tigers aren't retaining Peralta next year, either. Nick C. isn't ready to be a plus player at the MLB level. You'd rather trade for a closer than a left fielder?

Also, if you trade Max for a reliever, who do you bring in to the rotation? Smyley? No thanks.

Also, Left Handed closers are not a good thing.

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I'D say the will probably trade Max, They'll get a top left fielder for him and maybe a 5th starter.  Un less they decide to give Smyly that job ? Max will give you some value either way. Ideally you'd like to see. Catcher avilla, 1B cabreara 2nd Infante ( who also may be gone) SS Inglesias 3B Peralta (Damaged goods) LF ? CF Jackson RF Hunter. So you may need a 5th starter some bullpen help, LF and 2B. castenatos isn't ready yet. Remmember key word here Ideally, becuase I didn't mentin fielder Ideally we could trade him. but that Contract is an Albetros around davy D neck:lol: 

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Peralta is a free agent and will get a nice contract from a different team. He won't be a Tiger next year. I don't know why you consider him damaged goods... Detroit doesn't get by Oakland without Peralta. Not even close.

I'll puke if our rotation going into next season is:
Verlander
Sanchez
Fister
Porcello
Smyley

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Why is Peralta going to get a big contract, e can't play short anymore . little range so that leaves 3B again maybe 2nd but I doubt it. You don't some GM is going to bring up his suspention. He moght get 2 years at 7 mill, that would be alot.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:31 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Why is Peralta going to get a big contract, e can't play short anymore . little range so that leaves 3B again maybe 2nd but I doubt it. You don't some GM is going to bring up his suspention. He moght get 2 years at 7 mill, that would be alot.

Some GMs will bring up his suspension, some won't. Melky Cabrera got a 2 year, $16 million dollar contract after his suspension last year. The difference is that Peralta has come back after his suspension and is performing at very good clip. Peralta is coming off a 2013 triple slash line of .303/.358/.457 in 448 plate appearances. He can help out a lot of teams that need a middle of the lineup bat and have underwhelming shortstops or left fielders. My bet is that Peralta signs a 2-3 year contract worth 5-6 million per year and if I had to guess what team, it would be the Mets.

Peralta is an OK shortstop. He doesn't have the range you'd like to see, but he isn't terrible. He is a +WAR player.

Last edited by hailtoyourvictor on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:35 pm

No one will touch Peralta, Jhonny isn't going anywhere. In a perfect world we somehow get rid of Fielder (but it won't happen) and then I agree with lab on the line-up. No one will want Prince with that contract though, the Tigers best-hope is for Prince to bounce back in a big way. Yes he is capable of doing that, question is will he? Peralta gets, at most, a one year-deal worth $2 Million. I can't see anything more.

Of course I could be wrong, but that is what I see.

BTW, here is the Tigers #5 starter next year (and he is left-handed).

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=501625#gameType='D'&sectionType=career&statType=2&season=2013&level='ALL'

So the Tigers rotation will be Verlander, Sanchez, Fister, Porcello, and Alvarez. Add a closer to the BP, Benoit goes back to set-up duties (which is what he likes), Smyly to the situational lefty role.

If the Tigers can move Prince Jhonny is back and at third, if they can't it'll be interesting. Anyone know what Victor's situation is?

That's how I see it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:41 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
No one will touch Peralta, Jhonny isn't going anywhere.  In a perfect world we somehow get rid of Fielder (but it won't happen) and then I agree with lab on the line-up.  No one will want Prince with that contract though, the Tigers best-hope is for Prince to bounce back in a big way.  Yes he is capable of doing that, question is will he?  Peralta gets, at most, a one year-deal worth $2 Million.  I can't see anything more.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=501625#gameType='D'&sectionType=career&statType=2&season=2013&level='ALL'

So the Tigers rotation will be Verlander, Sanchez, Fister, Porcello, and Alvarez.  Add a closer to the BP, Benoit goes back to set-up duties (which is what he likes), Smyly to the situational lefty role.

If the Tigers can move Prince Jhonny is back and at third, if they can't it'll be interesting.  Anyone know what Victor's situation is?

That's how I see it.
What makes you think that teams wouldn't be interested in a player who hit .303/.358/.457 in 448 plate appearances in 2013?

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:44 pm

You guys act like Peralta is some slouch. Here are some facts.

1. The Detroit Tigers had the 2nd best offense in the American League.
2. Johny Peralta was 3rd on the team in On Base Percentage (behind Cabrera and Fielder).
3. Johny Peralta was 3rd on the team in On Base + Slugging Percentage (behind Cabrera and Fielder).
4. Johny Peralta was 4th on the team in Batting Average (behind Cabrera, Fielder, and Hunter).
5. Johny Peralta is a +WAR player.

There are teams that will be interested in Johny Peralta.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Tigs have too may first baseman/DH types- arguably Victor, Fielder, Peralta and even Miggy. We need to move arguably 2 of the first 3 if possible.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 pm

2ndComingOfRichClod wrote:
No one will touch Peralta, Jhonny isn't going anywhere.  In a perfect world we somehow get rid of Fielder (but it won't happen) and then I agree with lab on the line-up.  No one will want Prince with that contract though, the Tigers best-hope is for Prince to bounce back in a big way.  Yes he is capable of doing that, question is will he?  Peralta gets, at most, a one year-deal worth $2 Million.  I can't see anything more.

So the Tigers rotation will be Verlander, Sanchez, Fister, Porcello, and Alvarez.  Add a closer to the BP, Benoit goes back to set-up duties (which is what he likes), Smyly to the situational lefty role.

If the Tigers can move Prince Jhonny is back and at third, if they can't it'll be interesting.  Anyone know what Victor's situation is?

That's how I see it.
Well, I thought Peralta was going to get a nice contract from somebody. He got way more than even I expected.

Peralta just agreed to a 4 year deal worth about $52 Millon with the St. Louis Cardinals.

I wish 2ndComing was here just so I could see him pretend he was right about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:54 pm

hail I have to say wonders never cease to amaze me in the sporting world. I would have bet money Fielder would be here forever,because no one would pick up that contract and I would have bet Peralta would get no more than a 3 yr 24 mill deal. I would have lost my ass betting that. Must mean that St Louie has no intrest in FREESE

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm right there with you on both of those, man. I can't believe how much they just paid Peralta.

The Tigers are going to look so different next year.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:11 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
hail I have to say wonders never cease to amaze me in the sporting world. I would have bet money Fielder would be here forever,because no one would pick up that contract and I would have bet Peralta would get no more than a 3 yr 24 mill deal. I would have lost my ass betting that. Must mean that St Louie has no intrest in FREESE
They already got rid of Freese.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fielder is ticking me off.   Fielder is ticking me off. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fielder is ticking me off.
Page 1 of 1