Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.   OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 am

Prince Fielder + cash traded for 2B Ian Kinsler.

The Tigers were only going to be able to keep 2 of the 3 between Scherzer, Cabrera, and Fielder. I now expect the Tigers to keep extend Scherzer's contract.

Originally, I was sold on Peralta being gone, but now I'm not so sure. The Tigers will move Cabrera over to 1B. It will be interesting to see what they do for 3B now. Do they move super-prospect Nick Castellanos back to 3B and sign a LF (Choo, Beltran, Ellsbury)? Maybe.... Do they keep Nick C. in LF and re-sign Peralta to play 3B? Maybe.

It will be interesting to see how this offseason shapes up.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.   OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:38 am

I think Castelanos moves back to third.  This is a good deal.  Kinsler will lead off and Jackson can move down where he seems more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.   OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:02 am

I agree. Jackson dies not belong at lead-off.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.   OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:47 am

Absolutely love this. I thought they were stuck with that albatross contract for the rest of the decade. Overpaid, terrible fielder, has never performed in the playoffs. Also didn't care for his comments that he wasn't that upset about the season being over. For $200 million you can't think that way, or at least can't say it. Probably had to each a lot of cash for this deal to happen though. Anyway, Kinsler fills two needs, 2B and leadoff hitter. He's a legit leadoff hitter which we haven't had for ages.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.   OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Clears 7 million on the payroll , gets a quality 2B and leadoff hitter, opens up the option of signing Scherzer and a LF, and I think improves their defense, I was not a Fan of Fielder and often refered to him as Prince Error! His defense was bad, and I still think he's a bonafied DH at best.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.   OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Prince Fielder traded to Texas.
Page 1 of 1