Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team Empty
PostSubject: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 am

Friday night at EL, Saturday night vs MSU at Joe Lewis.

Be great to pull off the sweep...

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/playing-former-teammates-intensifies-michigan-michigan-state-rivalry/

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:40 am

I don't know if the article said but Friday is on BTN and Sayerday is on Fox SPorts detroit

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:10 pm

What time on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 pm

7:30

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Thanks.   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:25 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
7:30
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:43 pm

You know the way state is playin they shouldkick 5their butts. If it was any other team but Moo U i would say the'll have an EZ time . it will probably be close hope they sweep they need the points.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:14 pm

This is my area of expertise. sparty hockey has such an inferiority complex against Michigan it is unreal. Michigan started out the yerar good, albeit with a weak schedule. Then they became ranked #1. That's when the bottom fell out, I believe that it was November where they went 0-7-1. Then the first sparty series came around. The first game was extremely competitive (as they always are) but Michigan won that at Yost. The next night Michigan had to play at that dump in east landfill. We had the lead for much of the game but ended up tieing sparty (sparty got the extra point in over-time). Then the GLI came around, that game was back and forth but Michigan ended up winning in OT (Michigan gets credit for a full non-conference victory even though it came in OT because it was a tournament). The GLI is when Michigan's run to greatness began by sweeping Lake State, @ ohio (who was actually ranked #2 at the time), Miami, and spiltting @ Notre Dame. A sweep this weekend would go a long way to solidifying a #1 seed.

Michigan is playing with a ton of confidence right now, but sparty is Lil'Brother. They will make a game of it. Since the Friday game is in east landfill I say sparty wins a close one (that and Chris Brown has to sit that game because he received a DQ last week against the thugs from Miami). Hopefully in either OT or one of those stupid shoot-outs that way we get a point. Saturday is at JLA so there really is no home ice advantage for either team. That being said Michigan wins Saturday 5-2.

Of course I hope for a 6-point sweep so we can possibly be in first after the weekend as Ferris (who is currently 3 points ahead of Michigan) plays a home-and-home with Notre Dame. Western Michigan (who is 1 point ahead of Michigan) plays Lake State but in all honesty, I don't think Western is that good.

Oh yea, Michigan is currently ranked #4 in the polls and tied for #2 in the PWR (the PWR is the Pair-Wise Ranking and that determines who goes to the NCAA Tournament-typically the top 16 teams unless there are upsets in the 5 auto-matic qualifying conference tournaments).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Sweeeeet....I'm glad we've got a college hockey guru on the forum.

Thanks, 2nd.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I've been fairly reserved thus far because I didn't think that anyone cared. I did drop-it a few times in previous posts that I was a larger Hockey guy though. If you want I'll start posting any pertinent links that I see.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:10 pm

I have seen Michigan play hockey 9 or 10 times in person. Never at Yost! lol

I've seen them a few times at Notre Dame. Seen them at Western. Seen them in the beginning rounds of the Hockey Tournament.

But never seen them at YOST

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 pm

I have watch them play in Big rapids and in the Soo went to a couple of GLI
and catch every game on TV I can see.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:28 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I have seen Michigan play hockey 9 or 10 times in person. Never at Yost! lol

I've seen them a few times at Notre Dame. Seen them at Western. Seen them in the beginning rounds of the Hockey Tournament.

But never seen them at YOST

Ohhhhh, you have to go see them at Yost. IMO that is the best venue to watch a Hockey game, especially since we are all Michigan fans. Sure, you can hear tid-bits of the students chanting on TV/radio but you need to go in person. Trust me.

And the absolute best games to go to are (in order): 1.) sparty, 2.) Notre Dame, 3.) suckeye. Before it's too late you need to go see a game at Yost, you want history OMG. That "old barn" is just oozing Michigan Hockey tradition. I suggest getting to the rink an hour before puck-drop so you can look around the first time you go.

Remember, I love Michigan Hockey more than Michigan Football. There is reson for that, go to Yost, you'll find out.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:39 am

the artist formally known wrote:
I have watch them play in Big rapids and in the Soo went to a couple of GLI
and catch every game on TV I can see.

See previous post. Seeing Michigan at the Joe is nothing. Ferris and their 2,500 seat arena where pucks hit the celing is nothing. Never been to Lake State but I know that it's not much bigger than Ewigleben (3,373). Yost's capacity is listed as 6,637 (although the announced attendence is always over that). Please keep in mind, the current games are nothing like the "Hey days" of the late 90's when the entire east-side was all students but you'll still be impressed.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team   OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Huge weekend for out Hockey team
Page 1 of 1