Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An unlikely hypothetical...

Go down 
+2
wshoes
hailtoyourvictor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

An unlikely hypothetical... Empty
PostSubject: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:05 am

So wshoes got me thinking, and you all know I am a huge optimist, so I propose the following scenario:

Like shoes said, teams need positive feedback. It's hard to have a motivated, excited, week of practice coming off an assbeating like MSU gave us. Coming off a hard fought win on the road against a team better than Akron/UConn should add a little pep to the players step.

Let's say this hypothetical momentum boost carries over to @Iowa and we come away with an impressive 2 to 3 score victory.

Now let's say the momentum from a road win at Kinnick Stadium adds to this momentum.

Michigan hates Ohio St. Michigan's "Super Bowl" this year is Ohio St. If Michigan beats Ohio St., they crush any hope the Buckeyes had of making the National Championship game. Michigan seniors will be playing their final home game. Michigan seniors will be playing their final game vs. Ohio St. These points will be drilled into the players heads that entire week.

Couple the momentum from two nice road wins with the immeasurable importance of a game @Home vs #3 Ohio St. and Michigan pulls off an incredible upset.

If this happens, Michigan finishes the season 9-3. The season wouldn't have been perfect, but Michigan would finish 9-3 with wins over Notre Dame and Ohio St.

1a. Do you guys still consider this a bad season?
1b. Do you cut Hoke some slack?

2a. Say Michigan then lands themselves a decent non-BCS bowl vs a good opponent (LSU?) and wins that game. Michigan would finish the season 10-3 with a Bowl win and wins over Notre Dame, Ohio St., and LSU. Do you consider this a good, bad, or "meh" season?
2b. Do you cute Hoke some slack?

For the record, I think Michigan is going to get humiliated by Ohio St. Ohio St. will be playing for the chance to play in the NC game and will smell the blood Michigan has been dripping all season. What good is a forum, though, if we can't use hypotheticals?? Surprised 
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 am

Yes to all.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:19 am

As in you would consider a 10-3 season with wins over Notre Dame and Ohio St. a "bad season"? I think it's a decent season, at worst.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:14 am

1a-yes. Humiliating wins against weak teams, humiliating loss to moo, meltdown in happy valley.
1b-yes
2a-good
2b-yes, patience.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 am

A 10 win season is never a bad season.  But, when looking back, you will see that it wasn't a great season.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:06 pm

This is purpostrious scenerio. I'd would be happy with a win @ Iowa. Don't get humiliated against O$U there will be a sea of red there . Then a bowl win I would say average year but everybosy including the coaches learn something.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:43 pm

A season with wins over ND and Ohio almost always means a great season, but this would be one of those rare anomalies in that it still wouldn't be a 'good' season.

The losses, as well as many of our W's, we're just plain ugly.

Now, do I cut Hoke some slack if we win out? Sure. Hard for me to completely dog a coach who takes down an undefeated Ohio State team (making him 2-1 against the Bucks, easily could have been 3-0 if not for an utter disappearance of our offense in the 2nd half last season), and 2-1 against Notre Dame.

But, in the end, I still severely question Hoke's worth in the long-term.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unlikely hypothetical...   An unlikely hypothetical... Empty

Back to top Go down

An unlikely hypothetical...
Page 1 of 1