Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Excellent Rule changes

Go down 
+3
Admin
fishgoblue22
1umgoblue85
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

Excellent Rule changes Empty
PostSubject: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 am

http://collegefootballcentral.net/1656/ncaa-proposes-significant-changes-to-kickoffs/

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:51 am

Nope, don't like it at all. The kick return is one of the most exciting plays in a game.

I think there are trying to get hitting out of football. This men know they may get hurt. They do this at their own risk.

I may sound like an asshole, but if they don't want to risk injury, don't play.

Just like the NFL and all the concussion crap. If you don't want to risk a concussion, find a new profession. If you want to make millions, shut the heck up and keep playing.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:20 am

The kickoff rules in the NFL sucks.

I haven't clicked the link, but I'm assuming CFB is looking to do something similar.

Well, there goes 50% of Norfleet's chances to shine next year!

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: That and move the touchback to the 25, to encourage them to not run it out. SUCKS!   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:49 am

Admin wrote:
The kickoff rules in the NFL sucks.

I haven't clicked the link, but I'm assuming CFB is looking to do something similar.

Well, there goes 50% of Norfleet's chances to shine next year!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 am

Why don't the move all other 10 guys right to the kick line and not let them start until the ball is kicked?

Something, ANYTHING has to be better than touchbacks.

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Give the receiving team the ball at the 10 instead of the 20 on a touchback. That would provide some motivation to run it out instead of taking a knee
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm afraid that many of those people who are disagreeing with the proposed rules changes to the kick-offs are purely acting that way for their own enjoyment. Yes, Football is a rough game, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be violent. The health and safety of the young men is of primary concern.

Without divulging my exact experiences I'll shed a little light on my experiences. First of all, I did not play football growing up but did become very good at my sport of choice. When I was 18 I thought that I was invincible, and gee, all of the College Football players are roughly the same age. They have that same feeling.

Anyway, when I was 18 I became seriously, life-threateningly injured. Before my injury people used to say, "Be careful, you don't want to get hurt." I always blew it off by thinking that, "No way, I won't get hurt. And if I did bones mend, scars fade. No big deal."

Well, what happened changed my life, in fact almost ended it. I reflect back to the "days" when I was this stud athlete and just shake my head at how stupid I was. I occassionally wish that I could go back and change things but it's not possible. Ah, the ignorance of youth...

And here's the kicker, I had, at most 200 people watching me compete in person, not 100,000+. I didn't have everyone watching me yet I still felt the pressure to be great and take chances. I can't even imagine if there were 5,000 times as many people watching me.

This is a risk vs. reward item. The risks far out-weigh the reward.

Suspect

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Sorry about your story, but I completely disagree with your view. When I was 21, I was in a combat zone with people shooting at me an launching RPGS at me. I would have loved to be talented enough to get a career ending injury playing college football.

It is a rough sport, people playing it know the risks involved.
Back to top Go down
TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:23 pm

There was one rule change that I thought was really good and that is the one about the helmets. If the helmet comes off, the player has to sit out the next play, unless it's pulled off by an opponent. Also, he must stop as soon as the helmet comes off and not continue in the play. I never understood why helmets were flying off so much, last year.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 2:57 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Sorry about your story, but I completely disagree with your view. When I was 21, I was in a combat zone with people shooting at me an launching RPGS at me. I would have loved to be talented enough to get a career ending injury playing college football.

It is a rough sport, people playing it know the risks involved.

But my point is that when your that age (18-22) you don't think that it'll happen to you. After it does, it's too late...

Comparing a sport (even on a higher level) to combat is like comparing apples to octopi. Of course you'd rather play a sport and have a career ending injury than get shot at. However, what you are not recognizing is the fact that the NCAA is not just preventing career ending injuries. They are concerned about life-altering and quality of life changing injuries.

I'll try to make an analogy for you. Remember Brock Mealer? He had the 1% chance to ever walk again. Drs. said that I had 0.001% to ever live a "normal" again. And I am not the only one who received that prognosis, I am one of the very few who have attained that though.

I am in no way looking for pity, I'm just trying to explain that sports are fun. If you're really good, it can become your career. However, they aren't worth jeopardizing your life for. Especially when you are in college, obtaining an education.

Sure, it's fun to watch a very good, physical game, but you need to think about the athletes safety. I'm a larger Hockey fan than football fan, so I'm a paradox.

farao

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excellent Rule changes   Excellent Rule changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Excellent Rule changes
Page 1 of 1