Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" Empty
PostSubject: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:20 am

That's good to hear. Whether you like hurry up fast paced offenses or not, you shouldn't stack the rules against it. Defense is called defense for a reason. Defend your goal. If you can't adapt to stop a team from scoring, that is your problem and the rules shouldn't be changed to help you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140305/ncaa-rules-committee-slow-down-proposal/
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:49 am

But concessions were made.

They were made because the current rules are so heavily in favor of the offense it's sad.

PostSubject: right fish!   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:57 pm

The game has changed and coaches need to adapt. I'm surprised Hoke, with his pro-style, wasn't defending the "Saben Rule". Despite the fact that, like joe, I do miss (somewhat) the pro-style, the spread is here for a while. I believe I read somewhere that 22 of the top 25 teams (last year end ranking) ran the spread or some type of it. This is what also concerns me about the rush to get RR out and implement the pro-style at Mich again. I may be wrong, but unless we have a mix, I'm afraid of our offense in the future. And our defense will only see pro-style in practice.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Why isn't your name BOLD when you post?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 pm

According to Saban his biggest complaint was that it wasn't safe for the kids. The D couldn't get set in time and it led to more injuries yet he couldn't provide a single study that could prove this. The guy has 647 assistants of some form on his football staff you would think he could have had one of them put numbers together for him.

Saban can't adapt, he knows it, the spread scares him and he thought his name would carry enough weight to stop it.

I'm going to have to find the article but I could swear that Saban said he wanted to implement a faster paced offense last year.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:13 pm

"The only reason we haven't done it to this point is we've played pretty well without doing it and our players have played better without doing it.

"But I think the time is coming where we'll probably do it, too. "

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/02/looking_back_at_alabama_coach.html

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 pm

and this...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/27/4777952/nick-saban-up-tempo-offense-alabama

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:58 pm

You can play at a faster tempo without using the spread.

I'm pretty sure that I read that Coach Nussmeier talked about tempo, and that's great.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Yes he did. Practice has reportedly been moving fast. Hopefully good signs.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Yes he did.  Practice has reportedly been moving fast.  Hopefully good signs.

For me, UM doesn't necessarily need to run an Oregon type offense. If Nussmeier can consistently get the offense to the ball and ready to roll with close to 15 seconds left on the clock, I think that will be a GOOD thing! I was so frustrated that Borg-ass wasn't getting them to the line in time to allow for any sort of audible, that at times I would scream at the TV to fire that SOB on the spot!!

Isn't it amazing that Utah, just a few years ago in the Sugar Bowl, found Satan's Achilles heel.....and now that he has figured out that he doesn't know how to beat it, he is using the "injury" card without any data to back up that card! He was sure (and I bet the SEC commish was sure as well) that if he came out against that sort of offense the other coaches, AD's ESPN and the whole of the college football world would fall at his feet and shower him with praise and glory for saving college football from the evil demons of Oregon, Arizona, Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl, etc!! Tee hee hee.....DUMB ASS!! Smile The really dumb/scary part of this is the NCAA actually LISTENED to him and put it out there for a potential vote! Incredible!! Yeah, I am fed up with this thing as I hear all of the whining down here about how Bama would have 5 straight NC's if the playing field was on a level plain with Sabanism!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"   NCAA Tables "Saban Rule" Empty

Back to top Go down

NCAA Tables "Saban Rule"
Page 1 of 1