Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I loved the 2-pt conversion call

Go down 
+7
hailtoyourvictor
the artist formally known
EJinGA
umichfaninpa
fishgoblue22
joe
jjabilene
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

I loved the 2-pt conversion call Empty
PostSubject: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Makes sense when you're the underdog. I'm sure there will be plenty of second guessing, but I loved it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:32 pm

Me too. Most everyone in the crowd thought so too.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Good decision bad play call.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:54 pm

I liked the call to go for it, didn't like the play either.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm

The play was fine, Gardner just rushed the throw even though he had time.

Could you imagine being him, though? The pressure in that situation. Wow.

Great call to go for 2, especially with no kicker.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:12 pm

EJinGA wrote:
The play was fine, Gardner just rushed the throw even though he had time.

Could you imagine being him, though? The pressure in that situation. Wow.

Great call to go for 2, especially with no kicker.
I know he was gimpy, but I still think there should have been a run/pass option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 pm

would have like to see a little roll out also, but I liked the call to gofor 2 the defense was not gonna stop O$U

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Agree fish a run/pass option on a roll out.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:30 pm

At home you play for overtime. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Terrible decision, especially after OSU used a timeout to adjust their defense.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
At home you play for overtime. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Terrible decision, especially after OSU used a timeout to adjust their defense.
Today was the exception to that rule. We would not have held them to less than a TD in OT save a turnover and our kicker was shaky, Devin limping. I think that was our best chance to win.

We did get out coached as you note on the play call- we should have changed up our formation.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:34 pm

I completely disagree. At home you play for overtime. You cannot and will not convince me otherwise. Check the numbers.

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:35 pm

hail I totally disagree, O$U was running all over us and No FG kicker. I believe it was the right time and situation to go for it nice call poor exacution. 2 recievers in the ame area.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:36 pm

In this case Hail you go for win, no way we ever stop Ohio from the 25 in OT,
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:36 pm

In this case Hail you go for win, no way we ever stop Ohio from the 25 in OT,
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Who had momentum? Who was at home? Who could lay it all on the line in OT?

Michigan. Michigan. Michigan.

You take it to OT.

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:40 pm

YOU Wrong end of conversation HAIL not gonna get in a pissing contest about it

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Markwawf

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:42 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I agree.  So that makes two of us, against how many? quite a few.  I think we need a poll.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:43 pm

You are 7-4 playing your hated unbeaten rivals who are on their heels, you go for it NO DOUBT, but as usual borges proves his incompetence by staying in the exact same formation
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:44 pm

At the game and 1OO,OOO of us loved the call, and walking out heard very little complaining
Back to top Go down
Markwawf

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Meechigan Man wrote:
At the game and 1OO,OOO of us loved the call, and walking out heard very little complaining
100,000 plus you, and about 20 on this forum, so that's 100,021 against 2, me and hail.  Hmmm, I'm thinking, nope I'm not changing my mind, go for the PAT.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Being at the game does not indicate people are better at making that decision. I had a handful of drunk friends at the game that still think Gardner is better than Braxton Miller. They supported the two point conversion call, but that doesn't make the decision any more credible.

The numbers are on my side. The momentum is on my side. You can disagree if you want, but to call me "wrong" is ignorant at best. I won't say you guys were wrong because it didn't work, because hindsight is 20/20, but calling me wrong is just biased ignorance. Biased ignorance is what makes several of you posters unbearable.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:54 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Being at the game does not indicate people are better at making that decision. I had a handful of drunk friends at the game that still think Gardner is better than Braxton Miller. They supported the two point conversion call, but that doesn't make the decision any more credible.

The numbers are on my side. The momentum is on my side. You can disagree if you want, but to call me "wrong" is ignorant at best. I won't say you guys were wrong because it didn't work, because hindsight is 20/20, but calling me wrong is just biased ignorance. Biased ignorance is what makes several of you posters unbearable.
Put Gardner on OSU and they don't skip a beat. Put Miller on UM and we are still 7-5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Gee hail have a conipstion, we disagree with you can't believe I'm Ignorant cause I don't agree with you, wow sound like you wre pretty bad at the debate.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:29 pm

I said you can disagree and that is fine. There is no "wrong" or "right" decision. It is a coin flip. However, you called me "wrong", as if your belief is the only right answer. That is ignorance to the definition.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Put Gardner on OSU and they don't skip a beat. Put Miller on UM and we are still 7-5.
Ok?

My point still stands that Braxton Miller is better than Devin Gardner. If you disagree with that, then you are delusional, fish.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:37 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Ok?

My point still stands that Braxton Miller is better than Devin Gardner. If you disagree with that, then you are delusional, fish.
Have you seen Miller throw? He is a much better runner than Gardner but not nearly as good a passer. If you disagree with that you have lost all credibility and I'll assume you have never played, watched or heard of football.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:41 pm

I said Braxton Miller is a better QB than Devin Gardner and that includes running.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Braxton Miller is by far a better runner than Devin Gardner.

Devin Gardner would have to be by far a better passer than Miller to make it a debate, but he isn't. Is he better? Maybe, maybe not. Check the completion percentages, QB ratings, TD:INT ratios, etc. etc. Even if Gardner was a better passer, it is not enough to overcome how much better of a runner Miller is.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:46 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Ok?

Have you seen Miller throw?  He is a much better runner than Gardner but not nearly as good a passer.  If you disagree with that you have lost all credibility and I'll assume you have never played, watched or heard of football.
I'm with fish on this one. If Devin had played for Urban he'd be a serious Heisman candidate. Braxton has had a fine year, give him his due.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:47 pm

C'mon everyone.

No one is right or wrong n this one. It's a gut call. One guy in our group said he'd kick it too. We talked a little and he changed his mind but????????

Let's not get up in arms about it. No name calling or shit. It ain't worth it.

PostSubject: Re: I loved the 2-pt conversion call   I loved the 2-pt conversion call Empty

Back to top Go down

I loved the 2-pt conversion call
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next