Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Successor to Mack Brown

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stjotoo

Successor to Mack Brown Empty
PostSubject: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 6:32 pm

The board is really dead this afternoon, so I thought I might bring up this topic and offer some "off the wall" names for the head football coach at Texas. Saban and some other possible candidates have recently or are already tied up on long term contracts at their present schools. However, as we know, contracts, regardless of their length, sometimes don't mean a rat's ass to some of the vultures of big time football. For all we know, Texas' dollars might go after someone with one of these long term contracts.

How about some of these names? Note that I have not mentioned Brady Hoke's name because he is the coach at Michigan, fer God's sake!
1. Marc Dantonio
2. Brian Kelly
3. Urban Meyer (Money talks!!)
'too
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:28 pm

stjotoo wrote:
The board is really dead this afternoon, so I thought I might bring up this topic and offer some "off the wall" names for the head football coach at Texas.  Saban and some other possible candidates have recently or are already tied up on long term contracts at their present schools.  However, as we know, contracts, regardless of their length, sometimes don't mean a rat's ass to some of the vultures of big time football.  For all we know, Texas' dollars might go after someone with one of these long term contracts.

How about some of these names?  Note that I have not mentioned Brady Hoke's name because he is the coach at Michigan, fer God's sake!
               1.   Marc Dantonio
               2.   Brian Kelly
               3.   Urban Meyer (Money talks!!)
'too

I can honestly see numbers 1 and 3, but not so much on Kelly. I think the coaches at Stanford and Baylor will be heavily in the mix. Somewhat in the mix could be Kirby Smart and Cam Cameron. I think whoever is hired will get a contract bigger than the one Satan just signed and will be in the neighborhood of $7.5M+. Maybe we can interest their new coach in an OC!!!! LOL

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Dantonio is never going to be hotter than he is now, if he has any ideas of leaving I think its now or never. BTW take Narduczzi (sp?) with you. As painful as it may be to admit from M fans, he has taken supposedly 3star athletes, turned them into BIG champs.

Meyer, agree money talks. Would he leave after only 2yrs., see part 1, money talks.

ESPN "experts" mentioned Jim Harbaugh, I don't see it, he went to HS in Cali. for 2 yrs, since 2002 he has only coached California teams. I think he has solid program with 49ers, moving into a new stadium pretty soon. BUT $$$$$$ talks.

Kelly, don't see it, just a gut instinct, don't have a reason why.

Don't know enough about his assistants if they would be qualified.

Will Muschamp, former asst., hasn't exactly been successful at Florida.

Saw this on USAtoday.com/sports. They mentioned Mike Gundy, Jimbo Fisher, Gus Malzahn, Charlie Strong as well as Dantonio.

I guess you don't have to be "Texas man" to qualify to be next head coach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:57 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
stjotoo wrote:
The board is really dead this afternoon, so I thought I might bring up this topic and offer some "off the wall" names for the head football coach at Texas.  Saban and some other possible candidates have recently or are already tied up on long term contracts at their present schools.  However, as we know, contracts, regardless of their length, sometimes don't mean a rat's ass to some of the vultures of big time football.  For all we know, Texas' dollars might go after someone with one of these long term contracts.

How about some of these names?  Note that I have not mentioned Brady Hoke's name because he is the coach at Michigan, fer God's sake!
               1.   Marc Dantonio
               2.   Brian Kelly
'too

I can honestly see numbers 1 and 3, but not so much on Kelly.  I think the coaches at Stanford and Baylor will be heavily in the mix.  Somewhat in the mix could be Kirby Smart and Cam Cameron.   I think whoever is hired will get a contract bigger than the one Satan just signed and will be in the neighborhood of $7.5M+.  Maybe we can interest their new coach in an OC!!!!  LOL

Go Blue!!  Smile  

Come-on GoBlueJoe, we couldn't be that LUCKY! Besides, I don't think anyone would be that stupid!

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:12 pm

BillMFan wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
stjotoo wrote:

1.   Marc Dantonio
               2.   Brian Kelly
'too

I can honestly see numbers 1 and 3, but not so much on Kelly.  I think the coaches at Stanford and Baylor will be heavily in the mix.  Somewhat in the mix could be Kirby Smart and Cam Cameron.   I think whoever is hired will get a contract bigger than the one Satan just signed and will be in the neighborhood of $7.5M+.  Maybe we can interest their new coach in an OC!!!!  LOL

Go Blue!!  Smile  

Come-on GoBlueJoe, we couldn't be that LUCKY! Besides, I don't think anyone would be that stupid!

GO BLUE!

I know I know, but it is Christmas time!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:41 am

Texas would grab a 62 year old Nick Saban because they would perceive (whether correct or not) that it would virtually guarantee them a NC and a slew of undefeated/one loss seasons. As great a job as Dantonio has done at MSU, at 57 and with a heart condition, he does not carry anywhere near that kind of rep.

Brian Kelly- interesting and one I had not heard before, maybe if they hadn't lost 4 games this year.

Urban Meyer- I think he is at OSU for at least 3 more years or until he wins another NC with them. He's from Ohio and as others have said he would be seen as a complete fake if he left now. Too much downside from his standpoint (Texas would love to have him, I'm sure).

Who then? I have no idea.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 11:45 am

How 'bout "None Of The Above"...but that they promote from within?

Frankly, I typed that because my fingers were bored while waiting for a test (here at work) to finish. Of course they'll go outside for a big-name guy (I mean that; no sarcasm). How he does at UT is as big a guess as who he will be.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Here in SEC country they are sure it will be the Vandy coach. But, as we are all pretty much saying who really knows?

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:04 pm

I do think Franklin is a great coaching prospect for a top tier program.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Successor to Mack Brown   Successor to Mack Brown Empty

Back to top Go down

Successor to Mack Brown
Page 1 of 1