Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC

Go down 
+9
dwoody
the artist formally known
sandyeggo_blue
gm_goblue1205
MGOBLUEBC
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
ThatGuy
fishgoblue22
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC Empty
PostSubject: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 5:41 pm

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2015/12/20/10630864/report-michigan-finds-its-dc-in-boston-colleges-don-brown?utm_campaign=maizenbrew&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:13 pm

BC had a very good defense recently, but I'll be honest that I haven't watched them play.  I have no issue with this hire, this should solidify Gary.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:21 pm

Two thoughts:

1. Having such a successful defense at a shitty program with a tough schedule is impressive.

2. A Boston College DC has to have history with Paramus and Rashan Gary.

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:31 pm

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/12/20/report-boston-colleges-don-brown-u-ms-dc/77671830/
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:38 pm

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/12/15/10115630/how-boston-college-eagles-built-a-top-5-defense
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 6:59 pm

I like it for a couple reasons,

1. He has built dominate defenses with little talent.

2. He's a career assistant, and at 60 probably not looking for a head coaching job.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Sounds like a heck of a hire.
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:12 pm

I like this hire because

1.BC Defense is good
2.He's going to stay around longer
3.Michigan's offense isn't terrible like BC that won't be a problem
4. He can recruit
5. Harbaugh said he will fine someone better and he did
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:19 pm

IMO, better hire than Schiano who couldn't find a job in 3 years. THAT should tell you something, Urbie. DA.

Still scratching my head on that one.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:44 pm

SO....do we get a package deal with their AD, Brad Bates?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:14 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:31 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:

this cheers

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:41 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:

Possibility although everything that I have heard, which was unverified rumor, is that it will be Warde Manuel. I have no confidence in that though. Too clarify, I have no confidence in the rumor, warde Manuel would be a fine selection as far as I know. But remember, I didn't mind DB Brandon at first until he touched hockey. Countless insiders were warning me about him right away but I just replied that I had no problem with him....yet. As everyone here is fully aware, that developed into a full on loathe of the pizza-slinging bastard.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:48 pm

Guess I will be the odd guy out, Everyone is very satisfied with this selection, I was hoping for a younger guy. Someone who would be here 6-7 years this guy is 60 years old . How long is he going to keep coaching? That's what I like about Durkin 37 and just getting going

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 10:01 pm

And look what happened to him-One and done.

I have no problem with his age. I like that he seems content to be a coordinator.I'll take him for 5 years or so.

If I had a complaint it would be that he does not have NFL pedigree which is what Jim has been touting to recruits.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 11:33 pm

MgoBlue wrote:

I have no problem with his age.  I like that he seems content to be a coordinator.I'll take him for 5 years or so.

If I had a complaint it would be that he does not have NFL pedigree which is what Jim has been touting to recruits.  

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this.

Hell, if Jimmy likes this guy, I'm fine with that. He had the #1 defense in the country so he must have his ducks in a row.

I'm also wondering if this guy didn't get points for being on the east coast and is a counter to the Schiano hire at THE Ohio Shit University......to keep those NJ and east coast kids interested in Michigan and away from Urban Lier? Maybe not, but, it just seems a little odd this guy came out of the woodwork all of a sudden from nowhere. Nobody even listed him as a possibility that I know of.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:38 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
...it just seems a little odd this guy came out of the woodwork all of a sudden from nowhere. Nobody even listed him as a possibility that I know of.

not on this board but I have definitely heard his name. his name comes up quite a bit during other DC searches. he is notorious for turning around defenses. his name was mentioned on mgoblog a while back because he likes to play man coverage and prefers a 4-3. his defenses are also notorious for playing spread teams well. I guess we all just thought harbaugh would go young and with NFL experience so he was kind of off the radar or at least not really in the "usual suspect" circle.

I would be happier if he were younger but that's about my only complaint. And I say that after being happy with mattison in hoke's last year. I am very curious to see how our BUCKs are utilized because they were recruited/developed with a specific skill set and or playing trait. I for one can't wait to not dread playing a spread team. it has haunted my dreams for over a decade now.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:42 am

one thing to note, of the remaining targets, my personal "must get" recruit is dontavious jackson (even over gary) and he has already spoken to harbaugh and said of the hiring, "It's a hell of a move."

Dontavious told Wolverine247 that "Coach Harbaugh filled me in on what he will bring to the Michigan defense and I'm excited about it."

this is great news all around.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:46 am

according to wikipedia, while Brown was DC at Yale in 1992 he also served as interim HC for the baseball team and went 26–10. that impresses me.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:36 am

the artist formally known wrote:
Guess I will be the odd guy out, Everyone is very satisfied with this selection, I was hoping for a younger guy. Someone who would be here 6-7 years this guy is 60 years old . How long is he going to keep coaching? That's what I like about Durkin 37 and just getting going

Hey idiot, you do realize that 37 year old Durkin only coached here 1 year, right?

A 60 year old coordinator is more likely to stick around than a younger guy because good young coordinators almost always leave for head coaching jobs elsewhere. A 60 year old coach is much less likely to leave for a HC position anywhere.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 1:46 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
one thing to note, of the remaining targets, my personal "must get" recruit  is dontavious jackson (even over gary) and he has already spoken to harbaugh and said of the hiring, "It's a hell of a move."

Dontavious told Wolverine247 that "Coach Harbaugh filled me in on what he will bring to the Michigan defense and I'm excited about it."

You were right on Johnson > Green, but I'm not getting on the Mone > Peppers and Jackson > Gary trains. LB is more of a need for sure, but Gary is such an elite player. College offensive simply don't have the tools to deal with size/strength/athleticism combinations that guys like Clowney and Gary. Gary looks like a mix between Clowney and Suh and I want to see that in a winged helmet. Badly.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 2:23 am

MgoBlue wrote:

I have no problem with his age.  I like that he seems content to be a coordinator.I'll take him for 5 years or so.

Well, 'artist is a bouncy-ball fan. There are a ton of one and dones in that "game" so it makes sense.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:36 am

ps: What did Brandon do to the hockey team and, more to the point, who cares? Again with the puerile "bouncey ball" shit?

Last edited by dwoody on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:57 am

I guess this must be a hell of a hire.......look at the reactions on twitter! DAM!

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/twitter-reacts-harbaughs-hiring-don-brown-hint-you-will-love

I love this one from Mark Ennis:

"RIP Big Ten. Brown is a mad scientist"
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 9:33 am

Good comments on mgoblog. That forum can be so exhausting.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:08 am

The guy had one hell of a defense on an awful team, and almost brought down Notre Dame. Welcome aboard Coach Brown. Sure, he's a little on the older side, but so what. Harbaugh can lure in another top DC.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:

Hey idiot, you do realize that 37 year old Durkin only coached here 1 year, right?

A 60 year old coordinator is more likely to stick around than a younger guy because good young coordinators almost always leave for head coaching jobs elsewhere. A 60 year old coach is much less likely to leave for a HC position anywhere.

save that idiot shit for MLive ....
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:24 am

be happy we have a top tier DC hire ... age should not matter ... results matter ... my take is that he molded great Ds with players that top college powers did not want ... as well being his age this is not a stepping stone to a greater job offer .... GO BLUE !!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:56 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
one thing to note, of the remaining targets, my personal "must get" recruit  is dontavious jackson (even over gary) and he has already spoken to harbaugh and said of the hiring, "It's a hell of a move."

You were right on Johnson > Green, but I'm not getting on the Mone > Peppers and Jackson > Gary trains. LB is more of a need for sure, but Gary is such an elite player. College offensive simply don't have the tools to deal with size/strength/athleticism combinations that guys like Clowney and Gary. Gary looks like a mix between Clowney and Suh and I want to see that in a winged helmet. Badly.

as soon as I posted that I thought about editing and clarifying it. I didn't mean that I think djax is better than gary. it's just that in terms of class need he is a "must-get" whereas gary is a "cherry-on-top" recruit for the team. gary's skills at his position are much better djax's at his but no position is a bigger question mark than LB right now. we need LBs worse than ohio girls need to get checked for VD. so if I have to weigh the needs of the team djax sits a bit higher.

also, I think IIRC my post about mone was not that he was better than peppers, it was that even if we landed Hand in that class, mone would still have been my favorite Dlineman. in fact I'm almost certain that is what I posted. no mistake though that peppers was THE guy in that class and was the top of the list regardless of position.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 2:18 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
be happy we have a top tier DC hire ... age should not matter ... results matter ... my take is that he molded great Ds with players that top college powers did not want ... as well being his age this is not a stepping stone to a greater job offer .... GO BLUE !!!!

Calling a spade a spade. Stop buying into the offended era of this country.

PostSubject: Re: Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC   Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC Empty

Back to top Go down

Reports say new DC Don Brown from BC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next