Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UM v Nebraska preview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

UM v Nebraska preview Empty
PostSubject: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 6:39 pm

From what I've read it looks like UM will be favored on the road. Not that UM will walk away with this but I think comfortably favored is a safe term to use.

I think Petteway is going to get his regardless. He's averaging nearly 18 a game. As long as UM can keep it to where no other husker gets hot and puts up big numbers (most likely from Shields) then our boys will be fine.

In any case, this is going to be a game that MgoBlue might not want to watch because GRIII's biggest contribution tonight isn't going to be scoring. Ha ha, just razzing you up Mgo  Very Happy . GRIII has to keep Petteway from going off. So I'm going to be keeping a good eye on GRIIIs D tonight.

I read that the Walton vs Webster match up will be the other to watch. Can Walton get some scoring going and can Webster keep from turning the ball over. You've got to think that with Spike on the bench that UM will have the advantage at PG either way but I'll be keeping my eye on this one tonight as well.

UM will hand Neb it's first loss EVER in their new Pinnacle Bank Arena.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:53 pm

sandy game going pretty much like you called it, Michigan would be in control but Neb goes back to back toback 3's to get them back into the game
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:16 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
sandy game going pretty much like you called it, Michigan would be in control but Neb goes back to back toback 3's to get them back into the game

more like exactly how I repeated it ha ha. Again, I read a few reviews and put my thoughts together based on other peoples points. I can't take any credit.

This game is starting to feel a bit reminiscent of football games at the end of the carr era. We're letting teams hang around that shouldn't be and I have a feeling this game is going to go from a sure win to a nail biter. ughhhh.

One good thing is Caris is cutting crisp and hard and looking good on offense
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Michigan doing everything they can to keep Nebraska in it. wonder what spin hail will put on this one. Typical Michigan game, play down to its opponet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Michigan doing everything they can to keep Nebraska in it. wonder what spin hail will put on this one. Typical Michigan game, play down to its opponet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:27 pm

This team pisses me off I turning to the Wings
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:02 am

Terrible game. Lucky to get the win.

A bad win is still a win and beats the hell out of a bad loss, though. Phew.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:03 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 12:29 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Not only are there no bad conference wins, all conference road wins are good. Our defense was disappointing (and free throw shooting), still Nebraska was like 60 something RPI they aren't horrible.

Stauskas and Jordan Morgan had a nice thing going tonight.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:39 am

Like I said, a bad win is still a win at the end of the day.

Still, Nebraska was a missed tip in away from beating us tonight. Nebraska is the worst team in the conference. That is not a good game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:49 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Still, Nebraska was a missed tip in away from beating us tonight. Nebraska is the worst team in the conference. That is not a good game.

If you buy the RPI, then PSU (our next opponent) is worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:19 am

You got to figure, Nebraska probably played their 'A' game last night, because they had a huge incentive NOT to lose that game with no losses in their new arena AND against last years NC contender. On top of that, a large crowd..... I'm sure they did NOT want to lose, period! In that regards, I was worried about that game all week. I'm so glad we won. Phew.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:07 am

It look to me that Michigan could have drive and dish all night long , and only did it when the needed a bucket, Nebraska was not a strong inside game and Michigan did not take advantage of that issue.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:37 pm

wshoes wrote:
...Stauskas and Jordan Morgan had a nice thing going tonight...

'shoes

Stauskas was a tale of two halves. The first he was dishing, the second he was scoring. I'm okay with that.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:13 pm

wshoes wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

If you buy the RPI, then PSU (our next opponent) is worse.

RPI is not meant to rank teams. It is meant to gauge quality of wins/losses and strength of schedule. Kenpom / Sagarin are good for rankings. New Mexico was #2 in RPI last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UM v Nebraska preview   UM v Nebraska preview Empty

Back to top Go down

UM v Nebraska preview
Page 1 of 1