Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Morning Michigan Fans!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Good Morning Michigan Fans! Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning Michigan Fans!   Good Morning Michigan Fans! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:27 am

Cold and dreary here in the armpit. I think it's the only day all week where we are not expecting snow.

Games yesterday followed the general populace's opinion. No upsets matchups next week pretty much what everyone expected.

Tell you what, I HATE instant replay. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!

Why not replay EVERY SINGLE PLAY to decide where to place the ball? If it's good enough on a close 4th and 1 it's important enough on 2nd and 4. C'mon NFL. Why not use it to determine there are 12 people in the huddle? C'mon NFL. Why not use it on holding penalties where you can see the offensive lineman literally pulling the jersey off the rushing DLineman?

It's bullshit. Half the plays aren't gotten right regardless of replay. The announcers sit there and say "I don't see any way this won't be overturned" only for the play to NOT be overturned leaving the announcers speechless.

BULLSHIT. Get RID OF IT.

Or stop the charade and just get rid of all officials and do it all by computer. They would get about the same amount of calls right.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Michigan Fans!   Good Morning Michigan Fans! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 9:30 am

And to continue:

I know refs miss calls. SHIT HAPPENS! Guess what? In life shit ain't perfect.

Charles White fumbled in the Rose Bowl. You know it. I know it. Charles White knows it. Every fan in the word knows it. It's part of College football folklore.

and ya know what? No one but Michigan fans care about that Charles White fumble. So, missing that call really affected the world huh?!?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Michigan Fans!   Good Morning Michigan Fans! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:07 pm

It's a balmy 75 degrees here in San Diego (high os 78 today). I had to take my shirt off this morning for the drive home from the gym because it was just too hot Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

anyway, on topic as it pertains to college football, I like that the B1G was the first conference to use instant replay. IMO it showed a willingness to admit that sometimes they get important calls wrong and the need for checks and balances is real especially given how the sport has turned into such a business. It's not the 40's anymore and there is much more on the line that a school's bragging rights ($$$$$$).

That said, IMO like any time a new system is introduced, instant replay was never meant to be perfect out of the gate. Like all things it takes years of tweaking and several iterations before it's as good as it's gonna get. Then before you know it, there is a paradigm shift and boom, the system that you thought was solid needs a major overhaul again. Instant Replay will never be perfect, it will always be susceptible to criticism and second guessing but to me it's better than not having it. Sure I can think of a hundred times that it has worked against us but I can think of a hundred more where it worked in our favor. just my two cents.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Michigan Fans!   Good Morning Michigan Fans! EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:12 pm

and this....

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/worstcalls/010730.html

the charles white fumble makes the list.

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Michigan Fans!   Good Morning Michigan Fans! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Michigan Fans!
Page 1 of 1