Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coach Nussmeier

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Coach Nussmeier Empty
PostSubject: Coach Nussmeier   Coach Nussmeier EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 9:32 pm

I was talking about Nussmeier with a guy who works for me. This guy is a HUGE Bama fan. He can tell you the stats for every recruit, but he is also a straight shooter. He told me that coach was a press box coach at Bama. He wasn't sure about when he was at Washington, but he heard he did the same thing there. He said Nuss was pretty much intimated by Satan and most of the time he was late getting the play called, but was told he did well at Washington with the play calling. He said the bottom line pretty much is he does well when he is mostly left alone to do his thing. With his Bama hat on he was not upset when he left, but he feels with the way Hoke seems to be a hands-off HC, Nuss can do well at UM. BTW, he wasn't surprised with the Kiffin hire, be he is NOT happy!! Smile

For me, that's good info, but he is in a different environment now, so I'll reserve my judgement for the season. Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Coach Nussmeier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coach Nussmeier   Coach Nussmeier EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:38 pm

So I may be torn two ways here. 1) I want an HC who isn't a $4 million dollar cheerleader (as someone here aptly put it) and 2) I want an OC that is engaged (on the sidelines).

What's a Michigan fan to do?

Hey 66 I'm just curious if you asked your friend his take on Bama's offense during the sugar bowl against OK. I walked away from that game feeling that Bama was out coached but I assumed it was Stoops over Saban. Basically my question is how much of a hand did Saban have on the play call and outcome of the game. For the record I also feel like Bama's D got exposed and worked for most of the game and by a freshman QB no less.

GOBLUEJOE66

Coach Nussmeier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coach Nussmeier   Coach Nussmeier EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:46 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
So I may be torn two ways here. 1) I want an HC who isn't a $4 million dollar cheerleader (as someone here aptly put it) and 2) I want an OC that is engaged (on the sidelines).

What's a Michigan fan to do?

Hey 66 I'm just curious if you asked your friend his take on Bama's offense during the sugar bowl against OK. I walked away from that game feeling that Bama was out coached but I assumed it was Stoops over Saban. Basically my question is how much of a hand did Saban have on the play call and outcome of the game. For the record I also feel like Bama's D got exposed and worked for most of the game and by a freshman QB no less.

I'm torn just like you, but more so on the OC being engaged. I've heard all of the justification both ways and maybe I am just old fashioned but I think it is important that the OC be there with his players....look them in the eyes...listen to what they ALL say to him and the other players, and just be there to see/hear it all first hand. There is no way the true feelings/emotions/even panic the kids are going through can be explained through a phone or head phones.

We didn't specifically talk about the Sugar Bowl, but I can tell you that NONE of the Bama people I am around would EVER admit that Satan was out coached even if Satan said it himself!! The one play he talked about more that once, and I don't remember seeing the play, was in the Iron Bowl when Bama needed a yard for a first down (which they didn't get) and they ran something to the outside instead of, as he put it one time, "stuffing it up Auburn's ass". For him that was on Nussmeier. That was all he said about that play.

One last thing, I think Satan did get out coached, and I believe a bunch of the big $$$ Bama boosters feel the same way. I know that quite a few of those boosters keep asking why Satan can't slow down or beat the uptempo teams, and the word is he is moving to a modified version of that offense with the Kiffin hire.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coach Nussmeier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coach Nussmeier   Coach Nussmeier Empty

Back to top Go down

Coach Nussmeier
Page 1 of 1