Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? Empty
PostSubject: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Next year's defense, top to bottom, will have more talent and experience than Michigan has had on that side of the ball in years.

Michigan could very well be starting:

SR / JR / SO / SR on the D-Line
SR / JR / SO
JR / JR / FR / JR

When is the last time Michigan had 8 upperclassmen starting on defense? I think we might be in for something special.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Not sure if I'm in the minority here but to me "elite" is NOT a relative term. Elite is top 3-5 in every category all the way around and even so, numbers alone don't make you elite. I would even go as far as to say that sparty's D last year was great but not elite and I don't think UM will be anywhere near that squad. So IMO we won't be elite. In fact we won't be anywhere near however, I think we will be much improved and that gives them a chance to be labeled good to really good. Or at least good enough to allow our O to keep us in it and win some games.

The best I've seen our D in a while was 06 and even our 06 team was exposed the last two games of the year so I have to be a bit reserved when I throw around labels for the team. That said, I will be very upset if by the end of November I can't label them as "much improved"

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:12 pm

I think MSU's defense was elite last year. Game is about to start so that's as much as I got right now.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:14 pm

they didn't have a "Woodson" and stars like that are part of the "elite" equation for me. Just my opinion though. I'll be in the chat room.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 7:23 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
they didn't have a "Woodson" and stars like that are part of the "elite" equation for me. Just my opinion though. I'll be in the chat room.

Dennard won the Jim Thorpe Award for best Defensive Back in the nation. Charles Woodson may have been the best defensive back of all time. I don't think someone needs to be the best DB of all time to be considered a star, though.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 8:00 pm

No they may be good in the Big, Still need a stud pass rusher, and as much as I like Ryan, he is not s super hero there, very but not ELITE. Defense will be good

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 9:14 pm

I definitely don't think the defense will be elite, but I think it will be very good. They'll have a lot more experience and talent than they have had since Carr was the coach. I think the defensive line is what will prevent them from being great. Pass rush should be improved but I can't see the leap being that big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?   Will Michigan's defense be elite next season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Michigan's defense be elite next season?
Page 1 of 1