Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Gibbons Information

Go down 
+4
BOLEACH7
dwoody
booboo
joe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

More Gibbons Information Empty
PostSubject: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 8:41 pm

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/gibbons-timeline-and-few-undisputed-facts

sets up a timeline.

booboo

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:27 pm

FACT: Gibbons had sex with a female student the even of the OSU game 2009

FACT: The women claimed rape, Gibbons said it was consensual sex. He talked to police, no charges where ever filed. The women did not press charges.

FACT: Lewan threatened the women he'd rape her if she pressed charges. 2 teammates called the police on Lewan because they where scared for the womens safety. Lewan had an official report filed against him stating he had committed a crime with his threats.

FACT: RichRod & Brandon where made aware of what happen. This happenen in december 2009.

FACT: August 2013, Washtenhaw watchdog blog brings it back into the public eye.

FACT: Nov. 20, 2013 OSCR produces a document telling Gibbons that a preponderance of evidence supports the claim that he committed a sexual assault. Hoke & I believe Brandon where made aware of this.

FACT: Gibbons played vs Iowa on 11/23/13

FACT: Hoke told media he had an injury wouldn't play vs OSU. Hoke also in dec. told media he wouldn't kick in bowl game, family matters. Now there is FERPA, Hoke was probably told he couldn't comment about individual students, so he made up stories about injuries & family matters.

So now the gray area, between nov. 2009 & nov. 2013. The questions people ask like why did RR let them continue to play, especially Lewan. Did RR cover anything up? Remeber, No charges where ever filed

Hoke becomes coach in jan., 2011. Was he ever made aware of what happen. August 2013 "scathing" report becomes public, BH or DB don't do anything, atleast we know of.

Lewan is guilty of being stupid, jerk, asshole, F'ing asshole or whatever word(s) you want to call him.

Gibbons: see nov. 20th, 2013 report put out by the university. But again NO criminal charges have ever happened.

The problem for M FB is, people read headlines on the internet, hear stories on 97.1 radio, see/hear rape, cover-up, lying. I don't see this story ending on a happy not for M, but I hope I'm wrong
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Sorry, didn't provide any links to some of my info. Give me 30 mins or so if you need links
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Let's talk BASKETBALL!!!
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 pm

My earlier point was that Hoke has set himself up to be questioned as to if he knew before Iowa game and let him play then said there was an injury for the O$U game and personal reasons for bowl game... why not say that he was being held out for an undisclosed disciplinary problem... and I agree that Gibbons was never charged and has to be presumed innocent but I think Hoke and Brandon went about it in the wrong way
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 pm

My earlier point was that Hoke has set himself up to be questioned as to if he knew before Iowa game and let him play then said there was an injury for the O$U game and personal reasons for bowl game... why not say that he was being held out for an undisclosed disciplinary problem... and I agree that Gibbons was never charged and has to be presumed innocent but I think Hoke and Brandon went about it in the wrong way
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:27 pm

As Officer Barberry would say, "Nothing to see here, move on!"
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:31 pm

Also, and there, again, too, before the Iowa game the peice ofshit had not presented his response, so the OCSR process wasstill on-going. Due process, people!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:02 am

Presumed innocent for criminal purposes and actions taken by the football coach based upon allegations of conduct are two totally different things. Coaches impose penalties again and again before a criminal process is complete or even in the complete absence of an ongoing criminal process. Don't confuse the two.

If what Lewan said (threatening to rape the girl), was corroborated then RR definitely should have sanctioned him IMO. If Gibbons denied the rape and at that time RR believed Gibbons, given the standards in place at the time, then not punishing Gibbons was understandable.

As for Hoke once he had the report under the new standards (preponderance of the evidence) on Nov 20, that should have resulted in at least a suspension from the team before Iowa. Again coaches do this all of the time before the process has played out.

Hoke got bad advice and/or made a bad decision. Lewan should have been punished back in 2009 because what he did was bad whether a rape occurred or not.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:30 am

wshoes wrote:
Presumed innocent for criminal purposes and actions taken by the football coach based upon allegations of conduct are two totally different things. Coaches impose penalties again and again before a criminal process is complete or even in the complete absence of an ongoing criminal process. Don't confuse the two.

If what Lewan said (threatening to rape the girl), was corroborated then RR definitely should have sanctioned him IMO. If Gibbons denied the rape and at that time RR believed Gibbons, given the standards in place at the time, then not punishing Gibbons was understandable.

As for Hoke once he had the report under the new standards (preponderance of the evidence) on Nov 20, that should have resulted in at least a suspension from the team before Iowa. Again coaches do this all of the time before the process has played out.

Hoke got bad advice and/or made a bad decision. Lewan should have been punished back in 2009 because what he did was bad whether a rape occurred or not.

'shoes

One little quibble I have here is whether Hoke had the report on November 20th. It says the document was dated November 20th. I'm sure it went to Gibbons first. I have no idea what the rules are as to whether OSCR could inform Hoke directly, did it have to come from Gibbons, etc. I do agree that once Hoke knew this document existed Gibbons shouldn't have played again.

Also, as to Lewan's involvement I've never seen concrete proof of what he did. Someone on mgoblog said he actually threatened the wrong girl. Has this ever been really verified?
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 am

Also, I heard Huge interview the two young men who broke this story the other day. They said that a request for an investigation can literally be started by anyone, including members of the OSCR committee. It doesn't have to be the alleged victim. Also, while they didn't come out and say it, I didn't get the impression that the rule changes that occurred in 2011 required OSCR to go back an re-investigate every recent allegation of sexual misconduct. It may be that a complaint or request had to be initiated by someone. Also, it's possible that the story that came out in August 2013 is what caused someone to want to investigate this. That would explain why nothing happened from 2011 to now. Just more speculation but that's all we've got at this point.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:23 pm

jj- your quibble is a good point- they may not have had that info until after the Iowa game.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 2:22 pm

The silence from the asshole at the Freep on this thing (at least so far) is deafening.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:00 pm

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/Brendan-Gibbons-situationupdate-174644
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:24 pm

The story that will not die:

http://johnubacon.com/2014/02/the-brendan-gibbons-case-and-the-athletic-departments-response/

The AD's approach with media on all matters is concerning. Not exactly I stilling much faith on being transparent.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:37 pm

Ok, I read about 2 paragraphs.

I didn't see anything new. Just Bacon regurgitating old information and adding his 2 cents worth.

Nothing to see here, move along.

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:47 pm

I think your right it wasn't anything new. I think he is finally questioning/laying blame at the right thing. Instead of faulting the university for not kicking a guy off who was still presumed innocent he questions that handling of it. He questions the excuses that were given out regarding Gibbons not playing. In short he got to the root of the issue.

The question is will the court of public opinion and more importantly recruiting move on?

This is also the first I have heard of the media having a strained relationship with the AD. That is concerning as well. We don't need negative articles written about the program because a reporter was not handled with kid gloves.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:13 pm

And so it continues-

http://m.toledoblade.com/Michigan/2014/02/25/U-S-Department-of-Education-to-probe-expulsion-of-Michigan-football-player.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 2:22 pm

looks like the Feds will be busy in the state of Michigan.....

http://statenews.com/article/2014/02/feds-probe-msu-for-sexual-assault-misconduct

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Wow.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Wow.

Ditto!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:24 pm

How bad can we make it? There is a singularly small type of person who sees a sexual assault expulsion and jumps for joy for the hammer with which he can pound a sports rival program on internet message boards. All fanbases have them, all fanbases are embarrassed by them. The best way to manage them is if the thought leaders, i.e. the journalists, maintain a high level of integrity and investigation, focusing on facts, providing context, and discouraging over-speculation. Good journalism is a thousand times better than good P.R.

If you're wondering why it's Sparties, of all roaches, doing most of the scuttling, it's because their media are 30% trolls themselves, 60% too biased to consider fighting the trolls, and the remainder aren't trying all that hard. I removed, at last count 13, fight-back threads this and last week, because there's nothing to be gained by criticizing the journalistic integrity of Mike Valenti or Graham Couch or Eric Thomas, etc. There's a certain type of person you just remove from the message board; if somebody's given him a broadsheet or a highly trafficked url or a 15,000-watt microphone instead, roll your eyes and ignore it.

from mgoblog

PostSubject: Re: More Gibbons Information   More Gibbons Information Empty

Back to top Go down

More Gibbons Information
Page 1 of 1