Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walton Jr is becoming a man

Go down 
+3
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Walton Jr is becoming a man Empty
PostSubject: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:39 pm

as the year goes on.

Great for the Kid and us! lol

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:02 pm

The talent was always there, but most freshmen have a learning curve. Also, statistically, the biggest improvement is seen between freshman and sophomore year (see: Darius Morris, Trey Burke, Caris LeVert, Nik Stauskas).

Even if the Big Three leave, Michigan is going to be just fine next year with Walton, Irvn, LeVert, Chatman, and Horford.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 4:49 pm

CRAP!

Where did he go?

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:47 pm

9 rebounds, 6 assists, 8 points with 3:24 to go @Ohio St. as a true freshman. No biggie.

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Great second half for Walton. Handling the point on the road in Columbus in his first game there. He made some clutch drives. Impressive.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Very impressed tonight.

He's up and down like most Frosh

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 am

MgoBlue.... if you are going to rag on me all season for my GRIII stance, how about some credit for being so high on Walton?

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 am

Walton saves game for Michigan . He played great tonight pickup Robinson Morford had a good game also double -double in point and rebounds, bothof them. If Michigan makes layup early this game would have been over early.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 12:14 am

Shocked 
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 9:29 am

I haven't watched the game yet but by following on GameCast and looking over the stat sheet it seems clear to me that Walton outplayed Craft. Am I wrong to think that? Can anyone that watched the game confirm and expand on that?

Regardless, I'm not sure the last time I saw a PG have a double double and not have more than 10 assists. I just thought that seemed a bit odd.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:22 am

Assist #s weren't for lack of trying. M had a lot of bad luck shots early that could have been assists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:54 pm

First off Craft guarded Stauskas most of the night, Carft still drove to the basket and got some , but Walton was great on driving the hoop himself plus rebounded pretty well. He ran the offense pretty well in all but Lavert had the ball a lot.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 9:21 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I haven't watched the game yet but by following on GameCast and looking over the stat sheet it seems clear to me that Walton outplayed Craft. Am I wrong to think that? Can anyone that watched the game confirm and expand on that?

Regardless, I'm not sure the last time I saw a PG have a double double and not have more than 10 assists. I just thought that seemed a bit odd.

Craft is one of the most overrated players in the country. He was/is notorious for hip-checking and the new rule changes have turned Craft from Defensive Player of the Year potential to just a really good defender. Craft also lacks a good shot, so he is merely an average offensive player. I wouldn't even put Craft in my top 3 PGs in the conference at this point.

Walton not only outplayed Craft, but he outplayed every player on the court. Walton was ridiculous on the glass using a combination of positioning and determination. Walton is 6'1, yet managed to grab 10 boards (more than 25% of Michigan's total rebounds). Check out UMHoops "5 Key Plays" from the game, it is how I get my eyes on big plays from games I had to miss.

http://www.umhoops.com/2014/02/12/five-key-plays-michigan-ohio-state/

#3 and #4 do a great job at explaining Walton's impact.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 9:04 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Craft is one of the most overrated players in the country. He was/is notorious for hip-checking and the new rule changes have turned Craft from Defensive Player of the Year potential to just a really good defender. Craft also lacks a good shot, so he is merely an average offensive player. I wouldn't even put Craft in my top 3 PGs in the conference at this point.

Walton not only outplayed Craft, but he outplayed every player on the court. Walton was ridiculous on the glass using a combination of positioning and determination. Walton is 6'1, yet managed to grab 10 boards (more than 25% of Michigan's total rebounds). Check out UMHoops "5 Key Plays" from the game, it is how I get my eyes on big plays from games I had to miss.

http://www.umhoops.com/2014/02/12/five-key-plays-michigan-ohio-state/

#3 and #4 do a great job at explaining Walton's impact.

Walton has stepped up against Craft and Appling. Outplayed both of those seniors that were considered two of the best PGs in the conference.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Yup. I think Walton is definitely in the discussion for top 5 PGs in the conference. I think Ferrell, Appling, and Frazier are unquestionably 1, 2, and 3 right now. There are some great PGs in the 2nd tier, though, too. Craft, Mathieu, Walton, Johnson, Jackson.... Solid group of PGs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walton Jr is becoming a man   Walton Jr is becoming a man Empty

Back to top Go down

Walton Jr is becoming a man
Page 1 of 1