Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.

Go down 
+3
joe
the artist formally known
hailtoyourvictor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. Empty
PostSubject: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:30 pm

This is the most focused I've seen this team all season. The loss @ Indiana may have been a blessing in disguise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm

So much for a letdown Michigan on a beat down of Nebraska Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Strong 1st half doomed Nebraska! Michigan still goes over 6 minutes with 8 empty trips in the 2nd half, fortunatly played strong defense, so Cornhuskers couldn't get back in it.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Tonight...

-Michigan won 79 to 50.
-Michigan shot 50% from the field, 42% from three, and went 14 of 14 from the FT line.
-Michigan had an unbelievable 21 assists on 26 Field Goals.
-Michigan played the best game I've seen them play since the Elite 8 game vs Florida last year.
-Three players outscored our best offensive player, which is what we will need if we want to make noise in March.
-Our best offensive player had a career high in assists.
-Nebraska's Terran Petteway (averaging 18.2ppg) was held to 5 points on 2 of 10 shooting.

...and you still pick something to complain about. Really?

And yes, I realize this was against a bad Nebraska team, but this Nebraska team was 3-1 in their past 4 games with wins over Indiana, Ohio St., and Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 pm

I refuse to get too high after a win and too low after a loss.

When is the post about GRIII going to resurface about whether he's good or not?

We can just resurrect the post every other game......

In my own humble opinion the stat I love outta all of them is 21 assists on 26 FGs. THAT's something. But it's something we do a lot.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:33 pm

By the way, it was less than 6 minutes and it was only 5 possessions. At the start of the 5 minute, 38 second stretch... Michigan was up 41 points. They didn't take any bad shots in those 5 possessions, they didn't play sloppy in those 5 possessions, they didn't play unmotivated in those 5 possessions, they just missed some open looks.

You are really going to complain about a team going 5 possessions without scoring after being up 41 points? I never want to hear you say "I'm tired of people thinking I'm negative" again.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 pm

joe wrote:
I refuse to get too high after a win and too low after a loss.

When is the post about GRIII going to resurface about whether he's good or not?

We can just resurrect the post every other game......

In my own humble opinion the stat I love outta all of them is 21 assists on 26 FGs. THAT's something. But it's something we do a lot.

All great points Joe!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:09 am

hail check your numbers twice they got offensive rebounds and didn't score. Also I'm state that they still went their usual 5 minute span without scoring, something that happens every game. Just because you spew stats like a fax machine doesn't make your comment better or worse than the next guy. Fact is Fact they went over 5 minute's w/o scoring, and gave up points. Why is that negative its the truth.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:27 am

Artist is right to complain about the offense last night and in general. There were points in that game where Nebraska had nearly half the points Michigan had. How long are we going to put up with this? For the season, Michigan ONLY has the third most efficient offense in the country. That is two teams that have better offenses than us. If it was just one, I MIGHT except it, but two is just ridiculous. What's next, three teams with better offenses than us? You can see how someone might be upset. And don't even get me started on how some people have actually had the nerve to say they don't enjoy listening to him complain all the time. What's wrong with you people.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:36 am

I think that it is, rightly so, a "Who cares?" point by hail. You are talking about bench players who came in with a huge lead. They ran their plays and they took good shots and missed. Shit happens. Sometimes the other team, even when they have been soundly thrashed all night long, scores points. That's basketball. This was an overall excellent game by Michigan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 am

Man you guys are missing the whole point. Michigan played a very nice game last night near perfect I agree. At the point that they went cold it was still the starters in there. They took several 3 pointers. My point is they still had the cold spell that they suffer every game, had this been a closer game, they6 would have been in trouble just like with IU, they have to learn to pot together a 40 minute effort. I do agree they got good looks and even had some offensive rebound. Personally, I would like those cold streak to be less than 4 minute's before they bounce it inside, but more it was the number of chances they had, and failed to score.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:08 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Strong 1st half doomed Nebraska! Michigan still goes over 6 minutes with 8 empty trips in the 2nd half, fortunatly played strong defense, so Cornhuskers couldn't get back in it.

Horgan had 6 rebounds total... all defensively. Just proves your point.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:19 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
hail check your numbers twice they got offensive rebounds and didn't score. Also I'm state that they still went their usual 5 minute span without scoring, something that happens every game. Just because you spew stats like a fax machine doesn't make your comment better or worse than the next guy. Fact is Fact they went over 5 minute's w/o scoring, and gave up points. Why is that negative its the truth.

"8 empty trips" refers to 8 empty trips down the court (ie. possessions that don't result in points). Michigan didn't have 8 empty trips.

It is the truth, sure, but the REALITY is that Michigan's offense was phenomenal. You demand perfection, which is what is annoying. This is basketball and players will miss shots here and there. I would have been upset if they were playing lacksadasical or taking bad shots, but they weren't. They were sharing the ball, getting open looks, and missed a couple shots. Michigan still score 79 points, shot 50%, and 42% from three. You demand better shooting than that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.   Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime. Empty

Back to top Go down

Nebraska 21, Zak Irvin 16.... Halftime.
Page 1 of 1