Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.

Go down 
+3
michmike
MgoBlue
fishgoblue22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. Empty
PostSubject: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 2:13 pm

According to this story, but it can be a bunch of BS too. Anyway, if they don't patch things up and UM struggles this season, could he be in play? I'd love to see JH back in the maize and blue.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/24/5442024/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-cleveland-browns-trade
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 3:15 pm

All signs indicate that this was a real thing. If it was there is no way to spin it. The only thing I worry about it why would the Niners even consider doing this with I all the success Jim has had there. The only answer I can come up with his he is hard to work with.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 3:23 pm

I've heard various indications, throughout his career (including at U-M, in Bo's book), where teammates, coaches and others have had issues with J.H...largely due to his abrasive personality.

As for the JH-in-Blue speculation, I can best express my opinion as follows: I hope, with everything within me, that Hoke and Co. drastically turn things around in 2014, and beyond, so that "U-M Coach JH" becomes a moot issue.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Amen to that.^^ The program does not need more turmoil. I so want Hoke to get it going.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:24 pm

I'm 100% behind Hoke and staff, and hope next year is 13-0. Just posted the article as a talking point.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:21 pm

I know you both are (behind our current HC), woody and fish....a la 95% of the posters here, and well nigh 80-plus % of U-M fans overall.

Nothing wrong with a sports-oriented "talking point".  Since you bring it up, though, here's another opinion, this one relating to JH's present gig: How on earth would one contemplate terminating a coach that had his team within two points of a Super Bowl ring, and in the NFC title game, in the past two seasons, as MGoBlue points up?  (And always competitive throughout his tenure there, brief as it is to this point).  If there really is something to a "schism" between JH and SF, the issue(s) must really be serious...and I mean going above and beyond mere personality clashes. Just my take...FWIW.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:36 pm

michmike wrote:
I've heard various indications, throughout his career (including at U-M, in Bo's book), where teammates, coaches and others have had issues with J.H...largely due to his abrasive personality.

As for the JH-in-Blue speculation, I can best express my opinion as follows: I hope, with everything within me, that Hoke and Co. drastically turn things around in 2014, and beyond, so that "U-M Coach JH" becomes a moot issue.

+1,000!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

I would not care to have JH here....he pissed me off a few years ago with his remarks, and I just don't get a good vibe from him.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 7:48 am

Heard Adam Schefter report that the problem is 100% contract related. He also said that you can see the tension between JH and the 49 GM at the combine.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 am

It's hard for me to imagine that anything less than 100 percent of us want Brady Hoke to be wildly successful here. That is not the same as expecting that he will be, based on his pre UM coaching history and his trajectory here. I am hoping that the OC change will be a real boost this year.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 3:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Heard Adam Schefter report that the problem is 100% contract related.  He also said that you can see the tension between JH and the 49 GM at the combine.  

exactly this

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:06 am

Harbaugh says he isn't going anywhere.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140303/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-contract-trent-baalke-jed-york/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.   So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs. Empty

Back to top Go down

So Harbaugh and the 49ers appear to be on the outs.
Page 1 of 1