Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meyer Recuiting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
maizerage5

maizerage5

Meyer Recuiting Empty
PostSubject: Meyer Recuiting   Meyer Recuiting EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 am

Wanted to get my fellow Wolverine fans opinions. I for one am tired of hearing about Urban recruiting this, Urban recruiting that. Yes, Urban Meyer is a fantastic recruiter and yes OSU is pulling in ridiculous recruits.....this is not shocking to me! OSU will always get good recruits, Ohio is more talent rich then Michigan, and with Meyer it will only get better! The thing that irritates me though is that people keep saying UM is done, they can't compete with him, and Meyer will even pull in classes light years better then Tress! Michigan beat UM with Lloyd Carr, with Tebow and Harvin. Yes, OSU will probably always out recruit UM but they usually do anyway. They have no other big in state schools to compete against like we do with MSU, and Ohio has more talent every year then Michigan. Hoke has good connections on the west coast, Jackson will tear threw Michigan, and we have Mattison. Our defense will only continue to get better and Michigan will be fine. Also, all the 4 and 5 star BS never pans out perfectly anyway. Braylon Edwards and Mike Hart I believe were both 3 star guys...........some people need to RELAX and let Hoke and Mattison do their thing! I feel extremely comfortable having Mattison, because he worked with Meyer and knows his offense......Michigan will be fine and we too will continue to pull in top ten classes.......screw O$U!

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Meyer Recuiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meyer Recuiting   Meyer Recuiting EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm

You have to take into account who is making these claims that Michigan is done. I assume we are not talking about people that cover the sport like ESPN, CBS Sports, SI, etc. These are probably fans of Ohio. The fact is it does not matter what anyone says whether they are an proclaimed expert or not. Games are won and lost on the field.

I think you pointed out an important fact already. Michigan is 1-0 against Urban. At this point it is all we have to go off of and it trumps anything some blowhard fan is going to say.

As for recruiting, I would remind them that Urban was a good recruiter in Florida as well. We are still 1-0 against him. Florida is has more fb talent than Ohio. Sure a lot of people are poaching from Florida but there is plenty of talent to go around in that state. I also believe there is enough talent to go around in Ohio for the teams recruiting in the state. We already have a 4 star cb committed next year. Urban did not turn a single one of our verbally committed recruits this year. Why think he will have more power over them in the future?? We will continue to get talent from Ohio you can bank on that.

Rest easy. We will be fine. OSU and Michigan I believe will be top 5 in recruiting for years to come(top 10 at the worst). I do not care if Michigan is 5 and Ohio is 3. That is a pretty fine line. If we are talking double digit separation then I get more concerned. Nothing has shown me that we need to worry about that.

Go Blue!!!
Back to top Go down
michmike

Meyer Recuiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meyer Recuiting   Meyer Recuiting EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:25 pm

I fully buy into both your viewpoints (actually, they're more or less synonomous). We'll ANNUALLY bring in top-10 classes, top-5 (or better) some years. And "stars", or whatever the hell criteria the so-called experts rate recruits by, be damned; they are based SOLELY on what those youngsters have done against 16-, 17- and 18-year olds...and while living 5 blocks from their parents' homes.

The first time they're away from home, and have much more demands placed upon them, both in class and at FB practice, you see the (future) men separated from the boys. That's where coaching comes in; there---in the ability to be a second [or tragically, FIRST] father to these oft-troubled kids---and also in "coaching up" their talents.

I'm convinced the latter factor is the greatest influence on a player's ultimate achievements, for himself and his team alike. And I'm also convinced---FULLY---that, in that light, there is no one I'd rather have
leading our program than coach Hoke. And his superb staff.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Meyer Recuiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meyer Recuiting   Meyer Recuiting EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:14 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
...I think you pointed out an important fact already. Michigan is 1-0 against Urban...

Willie, I think the more important thing to realize is that traditional UM football has a proven formula of winning not only against Urban but also against the SEC teams that he emulated and coached against. If you throw out the RichRod vs Miss St debacle UM was one of the only teams in the country that had any amount or measurable success against those types of ball teams in the last decade. So not only did UM outplay Urban's Tim Tebow led Gators they have historically outplayed Urbans SEC foes of past.

I think this is an important thing to consider given the fact that Hoke has emphasized and brought that style of play back to the team. And also you hit the nail on the head when you said "You have to take into account who is making these claims that Michigan is done."

Michigan will be fine against Urban and his Ohio boys. As much as I love to see UM beat OSU I would also like to see an actual rivalry. It's just too good for the game. 5-5 over the next ten years would be plenty fine by me (of course I wouldn't be hurt about 10-0 either). That's JMO.

BetterThansparty

Meyer Recuiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meyer Recuiting   Meyer Recuiting EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:04 pm

That's just the thing. Parents need to understand that this experience will shape their sons for life. On one hand you have a party school, that is infested with drugs, prostitution, gambling, among an infinite number of possibilities. On the other hand you have a reputable school, that has some issues (let's be honest, no school is without a few if not several issues although they are on a much smaller scale) but that will give you the tools to be successful in life, not just on the football field.

The choice is obvious but some people are better swayed by the instant gratification of tattoos, etc.

And I hate to play devil's advocate but Michigan had some real studs on that 2007 teeam that beat Tebow. I ran into Alex Mitchell at a bar in Bay City a few months ago and we chatted for a bit. Needless to say that he was not pleased with the Rich Clod regime. Miss. state beating (destroying actually) that Rich Clod led Michigan team WAS NOT Michigan. One of Alex's most prised accomplisments was in fact beating Tebow...

That's Michigan Football. Rich Clod, not so much.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meyer Recuiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meyer Recuiting   Meyer Recuiting Empty

Back to top Go down

Meyer Recuiting
Page 1 of 1