Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whitlock makes some good points.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Whitlock makes some good points. Empty
PostSubject: Whitlock makes some good points.   Whitlock makes some good points. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 11:50 am

Like him or hate him.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/04/jason_whitlock_goes_at_michiga.html
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Whitlock makes some good points.   Whitlock makes some good points. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 3:05 pm

I hope the team is made to read this. I think this is exactly the type of article that can light fires under asses.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Whitlock makes some good points.   Whitlock makes some good points. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

My impressions of Whitlock are based upon having read just a few of his columns and having seen him years ago on ESPN's The Sports Reporters. I have never thought that his analysis was persuasive.

I am unclear as to the evidence of Hoke's of developing players at Ball State. His record there was not impressive. He had one magical year there and then left. As far as being rooted in the 90's I think it is Brandon and the Mich fan base (some of it) that is rooted there.

Brady's greatest successes pre- Mich involved a small mobile QB (Nate Davis), small quick tailbacks and a 3-3-5 defense (at SDSU). His marching orders at Mich appear to have been: over center drop back , play action passes, big running backs and a 4-3 defense. That and use the adjective "tough" as often as possible.

I feel sorry for him because just winning isn't good enough, he has to win in a way that a) won't make anyone think of RR, and b) will remind people of Mich's wining style of the 90's, not the 70's or 80's.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitlock makes some good points.   Whitlock makes some good points. Empty

Back to top Go down

Whitlock makes some good points.
Page 1 of 1