Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke's youngest team will be this season

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke's youngest team will be this season Empty
PostSubject: Hoke's youngest team will be this season   Hoke's youngest team will be this season EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 2:10 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/04/analysis_why_is_michigan_still.html

That 2010 class was horrible.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's youngest team will be this season   Hoke's youngest team will be this season EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:10 pm

there is no doubt that the 2010 class was the worst in terms of retention in the history of UM football.

This team may be young but there are no excuses this year. There absolutely must be progress across the board.

Most believe\feel:

- The DL line will get better
- The secondary will get better
- The LB play will get better
- The WR play will get better
- The QB play (particularly turnovers) will get better

IMO none of that will matter to the fan base if:

- The OL play doesn't progress
- The RB play doesn't progress

There are specific measurables that will determine the latter i.e. sacks, yards lost, etc.

Even with the "new OC" card in play, if UM has to pull wins out of there asses against the UCONNs and Akrons of the schedule this year then Hoke will have to go.

That said, if we eek out wins against App St and Miami but still go 10-2 and get into the B1G championship game then Hoke should be fine.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's youngest team will be this season   Hoke's youngest team will be this season EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:17 pm

I think 9 wins keeps him safe, as long as at least one of those wins is against MSU or OSU
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's youngest team will be this season   Hoke's youngest team will be this season EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:36 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think 9 wins keeps him safe, as long as at least one of those wins is against MSU or OSU

I think 9 regular season wins gets him an extension no matter where they come from. Don't necessarily agree but that's how I think Brandon will play it.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's youngest team will be this season   Hoke's youngest team will be this season EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 10:54 am

And frankly, Shoes, Fish and Sandy, here's hoping those nine (if not more) wins come our way, securing coach Hoke's continued employment.

The gist of that article (at least the sensible portion) was that the coaching transitions were as responsible for the program's "youth parade" as anything. (I agree with their rationale---and add that it not only was a changeover of actual coaches themselves, but of methodologies: I refer to RR's crazy notions that tiny linemen and fast backfields will cut it against the top-tier B-10 opponents). Because after all, as the article points out, lots of players left, or reneged on their commitments to come to U-M, once their recruiters (RR and staff) were shown the door.

So my point is, one thing we don't need right now is another coaching upheaval...to set the program back yet another 4-5 seasons.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's youngest team will be this season   Hoke's youngest team will be this season EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 12:57 pm

michmike wrote:

So my point is, one thing we don't need right now is another coaching upheaval...to set the program back yet another 4-5 seasons.

Or they can just stick with one who sucks and still set the program back another 4-5 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's youngest team will be this season   Hoke's youngest team will be this season Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke's youngest team will be this season
Page 1 of 1