Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke's job security

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Hoke's job security Empty
PostSubject: Hoke's job security   Hoke's job security EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 pm

It's probably not worth discussing but since things are slow and Mlive has this Les Miles article I thought I'd throw it out there.

It's been said by Brandon that Hoke isn't going anywhere no matter what the outcome is this year. So basically there is no hot seat for Hoke. Hoke will be back in 2015.

But let's just say hypothetically that UM has an absolutely horrible year and Brandon feels the pressure and decides to change course and bring in a new coach. What is the likelihood that Miles would finally get hired the next time around? You'd have to believe that Miles would be a top 2 target for the job, most likely #1.

This is an interesting quote from Miles

"I recognize the investment Michigan put in me, and I certainly am in to debt of Michigan and the coaches and the people I was around. It's a debt you want to pay. You want to re-pay."

Hoke is our guy and I'm behind him 100%. I also really believe that this year will be a turn around year (in terms of player development) for the team. I'm actually quite excited for it.

sorry there isn't much else to discuss.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/06/lsus_les_miles_talks_michigan.html
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's job security   Hoke's job security EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Sandy---I feel that if we go away from Hoke then one of the Harbaugh's will be in play. Not saying I agree with it, but I just don't see Brandon going to Miles. JMHO!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's job security   Hoke's job security EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:37 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Sandy---I feel that if we go away from Hoke then one of the Harbaugh's will be in play.  Not saying I agree with it, but I just don't see Brandon going to Miles.  JMHO!

Go Blue!!  Smile

I agree based on little tidbits from articles I've read in the last few years.

I didn't want to mention it but when I said Miles would be top 2, I assumed John Harbaugh (not Jim) would be the other candidate.

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's job security   Hoke's job security EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:38 pm

I think Miles is too old and with too much baggage at this point (I was hoping for him in 2007).

Brandon can't say anything else, but I continue to believe that Hoke will not go into the last year of his contract in 2015. He will either get a multi-year extension as HC or be moved to a good will ambassador type of position.

I have concerns that he is in over his head but we'll know a lot more by the end of November. Hope we have a stellar year and he gets a 3 year extension.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's job security   Hoke's job security EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 pm

wshoes wrote:
I think Miles is too old and with too much baggage at this point (I was hoping for him in 2007).

Brandon can't say anything else, but I continue to believe that Hoke will not go into the last year of his contract in 2015. He will either get a multi-year extension as HC or be moved to a good will ambassador type of position.

I have concerns that he is in over his head but we'll know a lot more by the end of November. Hope we have a stellar year and he gets a 3 year extension.

'shoes

shoes--I agree....a contract extension means UM had a really good year...a coaching search, to me, means Hoke is in over his head....which I personally feel is where he is.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's job security   Hoke's job security EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:01 am

well again, in all fairness, 1) this is way to early talk and really without merit at this point and 2) most of the rumors/tidbits that are out there are from the bad Ace so TIFWIW.

I personally think Hoke gets the extension before he gets the boot. That opinion is not based on Hokes performance rather it is based on Brandon's ego.

That said, I really do think that this is a "turn the corner" year for UM. Maybe not in wins but definitely in player performance progress. It will be enough to show that Hoke's players are developing and that will be enough to buy him time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoke's job security   Hoke's job security Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke's job security
Page 1 of 1