Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

$3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon

Go down 
+4
jjabilene
MGOBLUEBC
BOLEACH7
gm_goblue1205
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

$3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon Empty
PostSubject: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:51 pm

guys i came across this check it out

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/09/facing_building_pressure_to_te.html
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm in for $100
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:00 pm

So, to fire both BH & DB would cost the U $6 million?

A steep hunk of change.

Then on top of that, they'd fork out more $$$$$$ to replace them.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm more convinced than ever that Brandon isn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:09 pm

jjabilene wrote:

Yeah, on the mlive forum they are saying the Prez & Regents want DB to step down and he's saying he won't do it. His contract is thru 2018.

I don't see it happening.

Unfortunately.

Guess we might as well forget the Harbaugh's if that is the case IMO
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:16 pm

I picture him as the kind of guy who would fight it all the way including filing lawsuits against the university a la Donald Sterling.
Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:23 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

Yeah, on the mlive forum they are saying the Prez & Regents want DB to step down and he's saying he won't do it. His contract is thru 2018.

I don't see it happening.

Unfortunately.

Guess we might as well forget the Harbaugh's if that is the case IMO

Thats what it looks like right now but we will see something happened in november
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:26 pm

not sure if Brandon is a lump sum but Hoke's buyout is monthly installments. I'm sure the university could figure something out if they absolutely needed to.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:28 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
not sure if Brandon is a lump sum but Hoke's buyout is monthly installments. I'm sure the university could figure something out if they absolutely needed to.

sorry, just read the article and saw this...

As for Brandon’s buyout, while full compensation is required if he’s terminated before July 1, 2016, he’ll receive 50 percent of his remaining base salary and 50 percent of an amount equal to his remaining deferred compensation if fired after that date.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:52 pm

Let's say Dave and Brady are both let go. This would be my proposal in doing so...

Many say that coaches wont' even consider coming unless Dave is gone. Couple that with fact that UM would have to wait until July 2016 to not owe him a lump sum buyout. I say there is absolutely no harm with just pulling the trigger and firing Brandon today. We sure as hell don't want to wait until 2016.

Then bring in a new AD.

With Hoke's buyout dropping $1million after January 1st it looks like the university has a million reasons to keep him around until the end of the season. IMO this actually works out in UM's favor.

Let me explain...

It has been said (can't remember where I read it) that if UM gets a new AD that most likely that AD would give Brady a year to "earn his job". Not sure how true that is, but if it is true and you hire a new AD now, you can use the remaining seven games of the season for Brady to "earn his job."

I'm not saying that the product will get better and that Brady will turn it around and the new AD will keep Brady in 2015. In fact, I believe UM will continue to struggle and the AD's choice to fire Brady on January 2nd will be an easy decision. Giving Brady the last seven games should allow the new AD to fire Brady at the end of the season without looking like he's coming in and cleaning house as a knee jerk reaction.

Also it gives the new AD three months to put the feelers out to potential coaches so we can avoid what happened in 2007 where Schiano said no at the last minute and UM went into scramble mode to find a coach.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:07 am

We may lose more money in decreasing tickets and concessions over that time period if we DON"T fire both of them. One cost is known, the other is speculative so it's tough but if there is a chance for a Harbaugh without Brandon (and I think there is) then I think we are ahead at the end of the day by paying the buy-outs.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 am

Oy vei guys. I realize the amount of money we are talking is beyond our comprehension as working class schlubs but think for a second. 100,000 tickets at measly $50 is 5 million. That's one game!!!! Throw in parking, concessions, apparel, etc. You think donors want to keep paying out to this cluster f--k? To NOT make a move would be way more costly. Hell I didn't even mention the bad PR we are getting from all of this.

5 million sure as hell better not be the reason for holding this up.
Back to top Go down
squeezebox

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:58 am

If Brandon is going to be a stubborned @$$ and demand his salary to the end, why not just change his job profile to something like "Marketing Athletic Events Advisor" and create an assistant AD post overseeing the sports teams.  In the process, prohibit Brandon from any direct contact with the teams and coaches.

He can sit and stew in his office for 4 years and play video games, for all we care.  And if he doesn't show up at the office, that would be grounds for immediate dismissal.  

He was making $3 million as CEO of Dominos, so he would actually be losing money staying in the post.

And all the while his brand would be going down the drain, similar to what he is doing to UM.

We could even put bars in front of his office and let people pay to throw peanuts to him.  That would help recover some of the lost money.

As it stands, his lauching pad for high elected office in the state of Michigan is sinking quicker than UM football.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:20 pm

wshoes wrote:
We may lose more money in decreasing tickets and concessions over that time period if we DON"T fire both of them. One cost is known, the other is speculative so it's tough but if there is a chance for a Harbaugh without Brandon (and I think there is) then I think we are ahead at the end of the day by paying the buy-outs.

'shoes

I agree completely

When the boosters and the fans wanted Rich Rod out the money was raised real quick. I agree that it seems like an unattainable amount to us working class schlubs (as it was so rightly put) but this has to be a very attainable number for Michigan. They may have to shift some things around and budget a bit more here and there but this can be done if they really wanted to.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:40 pm

squeezebox wrote:
If Brandon is going to be a stubborned @$$ and demand his salary to the end, why not just change his job profile to something like "Marketing Athletic Events Advisor" and create an assistant AD post overseeing the sports teams.  In the process, prohibit Brandon from any direct contact with the teams and coaches.

He can sit and stew in his office for 4 years and play video games, for all we care.  And if he doesn't show up at the office, that would be grounds for immediate dismissal.  

He was making $3 million as CEO of Dominos, so he would actually be losing money staying in the post.

And all the while his brand would be going down the drain, similar to what he is doing to UM.

We could even put bars in front of his office and let people pay to throw peanuts to him.  That would help recover some of the lost money.

As it stands, his lauching pad for high elected office in the state of Michigan is sinking quicker than UM football.

Clever!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:41 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Let's say Dave and Brady are both let go. This would be my proposal in doing so...

Many say that coaches wont' even consider coming unless Dave is gone. Couple that with fact that UM would have to wait until July 2016 to not owe him a lump sum buyout. I say there is absolutely no harm with just pulling the trigger and firing Brandon today. We sure as hell don't want to wait until 2016.

Then bring in a new AD.

With Hoke's buyout dropping $1million after January 1st it looks like the university has a million reasons to keep him around until the end of the season. IMO this actually works out in UM's favor.

Let me explain...

It has been said (can't remember where I read it) that if UM gets a new AD that most likely that AD would give Brady a year to "earn his job". Not sure  how true that is, but if it is true and you hire a new AD now, you can use the remaining seven games of the season for Brady to "earn his job."

I'm not saying that the product will get better and that Brady will turn it around and the new AD will keep Brady in 2015. In fact, I believe UM will continue to struggle and the AD's choice to fire Brady on January 2nd will be an easy decision. Giving Brady the last seven games should allow the new AD to fire Brady at the end of the season without looking like he's coming in and cleaning house as a knee jerk reaction.

Also it gives the new AD three months to put the feelers out to potential coaches so we can avoid what happened in 2007 where Schiano said no at the last minute and UM went into scramble mode to find a coach.

Well thought out and sensible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon   $3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon Empty

Back to top Go down

$3 Million to Buyout Dave Brandon
Page 1 of 1